Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is my credit score?

Hello,
I just received my yearly credit report.
Looking to buy a home.
Can someone please tell me
1. Does the yearly credit report have all three scores listed "somewhere..anywhere ?"
2. If so, where?

Geez I assumed I would be able to see them clearly somewhere on this report.
My lender sees all 3 scores from it.
Why can't I?

Thanks for any answers

EDIT... FEB 9 635 am
Hey thank you so much for all the incredible information you all posted.
It came in quickly too.
I did what was advised.
It looks pretty good, because I pulled up significantly, my Realtor wishes for my lender I am using to run it again before we get to closing. He said 4.25 is a great Apr today, however because the 35 point bump up on my credit score was pretty significant for the numbers already sitting at 720..he said my lender should run the numbers again. Most buyers do not see such a huge bump up while they are looking.
He said I was handed a gift.
Could really make a huge difference.
Thank you all again.
Such a great community.
So happy I found you all. Grateful!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Where is my credit score?

The reports don't include scores, just the information the scores are based on. The quickest/easiest/cheapest way to see your FICO scores would be to see if any of your credit cards give them to you. Note that there are a lot more than 3 scores, there are various FICO models used for different purposes, but a commonly used and reported one is FICO8. There are also various paid services, including the one that sponsers this site (MyFICO) that will give you scores and allow you to monitor them for a monthly fee. You can get free scores from a variety of sites such as Credit Karma and NerdWallet, but those use the Vantage scoring models which are not widely used by lenders.

I'm sure you will get more comprehensive answers shortly from the experts here.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 2 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
I just received my yearly credit report.
Looking to buy a home.
Can someone please tell me
1. Does the yearly credit report have all three scores listed "somewhere..anywhere ?"
2. If so, where?

Geez I assumed I would be able to see them clearly somewhere on this report.
My lender sees all 3 scores from it.
Why can't I?

Thanks for any answers

As @FlaDude correctly observed, the scores are not contained in the reports.

The best way to find all your major FICO scores is, regrettably, the expensive way, which is to buy one of the MyFICO products.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! It does all come down to money!
Shake my head.
Thank you, I just assumed somewhere in 68 pages I missed it.
Ugh
Message 4 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Shake my head.
Thank you, I just assumed somewhere in 68 pages I missed it.
Ugh

Helpful people like @Anonymous and @Anonymous will be able to steer you to some low cost options.

Me, I decided a long time ago that it was easier for me to just pay the money and get what I need, so I'm only expert in the expensive options Smiley Happy You can call me lazy; I won't disagree. You can call BBS and CGID industrious; I won't disagree.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly. The CBs are required by law to provide the annual reports or those probably wouldn't be free either.

Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post has good info about where to find your FICO credit scores used for mortgages.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-th...

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and welcome to the forums.  You mention that you are looking to buy a home.  When do you guess that you will end up buying -- best guess?

The answer could be 4 weeks, 4 months, or 4 years -- and in each case we'd recommend a different strategy for figuring out what your scores are and how to improve them in preparation for the home purchase.

You can also tell us something in between those timepoints: e.g. 7 weeks, 6 months, etc.

Until we know your timeline there's no good advice for what tools to use or how best to prepare.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am already pre approved I am going into a contract today. My credit score just jumped up 35 points BUT only on vantage 3.0. I don't know where I stand with the others. I want to try for a second pre approval based on that. Mine is pretty good for a first time home buyer.. It was 4.65 they dropped it to 4.25 however my Realtor thinks because of the massive point increase, I may even be able to drop lower. I just want to make sure when my lender pulls the numbers to see if she can drop me further, she sees what I see.
Message 9 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

If you can tell us what credit cards you have we might be able to let you know if any allow you to see your FICO scores for free. Some Credit Unions also let you see your scores.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.