Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my credit score?

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Where is my credit score?

Vantage scores like credit karma won't matter in this situation. Might make sense to drop 50 bucks and get a 3b from myfico that will have all the mortgage scores from the 3 CRA's. That will give you information on where you are and whether you may be due for a better rate with another lender.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

All he would need is the $30 option ($32 and change with tax) to get all 28 FICO scores (mortgage scores included, of course) here.  I just did that myself 2 days ago for the first time.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I get them all for that? There are that many?
Geez. How do mortgage lenders know which ones to use? They only use three.
Isn't this insane?
Why isn't this country using all one platform? Crazy
Thanks so much for the information. I am a she. 😊
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you will be buying your home within weeks, I would subscribe to the $40/mo flavor of the myFICO Ultimate.  That will give you all your scores (including the three mortgage scores) every 30 days.  Very possibly you may own your home 28 days from now, but in case you don't, it'll be nice to have the $40 package so you can get a second round of scores.

Once you own your own home you should cancel your Ultimate subscription.  When you get the 3B report with all of the scores, it will be very clear which are the three mortgage scores.

Our country does not use a single platform for credit scoring for the same reason that we do not have a single car manufacturer, namely our economy and political system is based on free markets.  Thus although the Honda Accord, the Toyota Camry, and several other cars by other manfacturers are all the same sort of car aimed at the exact same group of people, our system permits many different companies to produce products aimed at those customers.  FICO is a private company and so are the three credit bureaus.  Actually, in the credit scoring industry, there is much less diversity than there is in the world of cars, breakfast cereal, Blu-ray players, vitamins, and so on.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info. Thank you so much, I am doing this now.
Message 15 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Great info. Thank you so much, I am doing this now.

The mortgage scores are clearly delineated in the report. EX FICO 2, EQ FICO 5, and TU FICO 4.

The lenders take the middle score and run with that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see them. I went through every single page. I don't see them in my free yearly credit report.
Where are they?
I looked again. Are you talking about your free yearly credit report?
Message 17 of 21
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't see them. I went through every single page. I don't see them in my free yearly credit report.
Where are they?

No, they are referring to the paid reports you can get from MyFICO (and other sites).

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 18 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Where are they?

No as I told you originally they're not in the credit report.

They are in the MyFICO product which @Anonymous told you about which you said you were getting now.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 19 of 21
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest googling "why free credit reports arent a good idea".

I think they serve a purpose if you're simply auditing yourself one time but if you're preparing for a loan I'd suggest paying for the real score and all those details through myFICO

You give up certain rights when requesting your yearly credit report but you retain a LOT of those rights and get a full scope of where you _truly_ stand when you sign up for a subscription.

Want to see it only once? Buy a subscription and cancel it. Don't forget to cancel

I think it should be simpler and more affordable than all that, but its not.

Give it a Google and make an informed decision, but IMHO if I were going for a mortgage I'd pay for that information in those kinda circumstances
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.