cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy Experian Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

tag
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Where to buy Experian Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

Fabulous Fico Friends!

Do you know where I can purchase my Experian Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

PenFed told me this is what they use for personal (credit card consolidation) loans.

I can't seem to find anywhere I can purchase it for myself.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to buy Experian Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

PenFed give it to you for free. Do you have an account with them?
@Expansion wrote:

Fabulous Fico Friends!

Do you know where I can purchase my Experian Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

PenFed told me this is what they use for personal (credit card consolidation) loans.

I can't seem to find anywhere I can purchase it for myself.

Message 2 of 11
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Wow, I didn't know that!  Thank you!  

I just called PenFed to confirm, but it sounds like I need to actually have a *loan* to have access to the score. Smiley Sad  

But I'm trying to get the score so I know if it makes sense for me to *apply* for the loan.

Any thoughts on other places to access this particular score?  

Or which other version of the Experian fico might be closest to Gen 2/ Next Gen?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's actually Equifax not Experian and the product they (Equifax) sells you is the number PenFed uses. I personally wouldnt give Equifax the money. 

Do you have a PenFed account?

***EDIT

I just read  your other posts about a previous denial from PenFed. I can tell you from personal experience that regardless of your NextGen number if your utilization isn't significantly decreased you still won't be approved.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no where to get your Equifax NextGen score other than thru PenFed and as you found out, you must already have a credit product with them to see it.  They also provide it to you in the denial letter if you apply for a credit product and are denied.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's actually Equifax not Experian and the product they (Equifax) sells you is the number PenFed uses. I personally wouldnt give Equifax the money. 

Do you have a PenFed account?

***EDIT

I just read  your other posts about a previous denial from PenFed. I can tell you from personal experience that regardless of your NextGen number if your utilization isn't significantly decreased you still won't be approved.

While you correct that it is an Equifax, not Experian score, Equifax does not provide you the same score that PenFed uses, the NextGen FICO score. The only place to get that number is thru PenFed, because they, as far as anyone can tell, are the only creditor that uses it.

Message 6 of 11
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to buy Equifax Fico Gen 2 / Fico Next Gen score?

Thanks so much for the feedback, Irish and Kimba!

My mistake - it's Equifax, not Experian, you're right. 

I had a lengthy discussion with an underwriter at PenFed when I requested a recon via the online survey.  

She actually said that she was look for an EQ 640 as a very bare minimum, and that even though my utilization was tanking my score, she (surprisingly) wasn't super worried about it (I think because there are no baddies whatsoever on my report), as long as I could get the score itself up.  

(I fully understand that reducing my utilization would be part of getting my score up.)

When we had that conversation, the rejection letter from PenFed said my EQ was 592, which really surprised me, because all my other scores are in the 620-654 range.

Then I got another rejection letter from Navy Federal that said my EQ was 652.  

So, I'm just trying to figure out a way to get a sense of when the *PenFed* version of EQ is high enough for it to make sense for me to reapply.

For what it's worth, a frontline customer service rep told me they're trying to move to fico 8/9.

I so appreciate your insight and knowledge here!

Message 7 of 11
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I only have a checking and saving account with PenFed and have access to my NG2 score. I do not have any type of credit products with them. On 2/28/17, my NG2 EQ score was a 662, while my FICO 8 was a 645 on the same date.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 8 of 11
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much, ls2016!  I will call and ask again, maybe another service rep will have better information.  

Message 9 of 11
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Is2016, just curious, are you using the PenFed checking and savings as your primary checking/savings? 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.