Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get EQ free

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Where to get EQ free

I’ve currently got a myfico subscription, but since I’m getting to where in my rebuild, I don’t need to keep up with things as close. Time is the only thing that will help me from now on out, so I’m thinkng of just canceling it. I can get my fico 8 scores for TU from my Discover card and my EX from Amex, but I don’t have anywhere to keep up with EQ.

i did a search and it seems Citi offers these but I don’t have one of those and according to their prequel site, I can get one. I’m not going to risk a HP for a Deinal.

Anyway  does anyone know anywhere else to get EQ for free that is updated at least once a Month?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to get EQ free

@dynamicvb wrote:

I’ve currently got a myfico subscription, but since I’m getting to where in my rebuild, I don’t need to keep up with things as close. Time is the only thing that will help me from now on out, so I’m thinkng of just canceling it. I can get my fico 8 scores for TU from my Discover card and my EX from Amex, but I don’t have anywhere to keep up with EQ.

i did a search and it seems Citi offers these but I don’t have one of those and according to their prequel site, I can get one. I’m not going to risk a HP for a Deinal.

Anyway  does anyone know anywhere else to get EQ for free that is updated at least once a Month?

The version provided by Citi is Equifax FICO Bankcard Score 8 variant, not the generic FICO Score 8.

You might want to review this thread to see if EQ Score 8 is available for free:  UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU offers its members Equifax version 5 for free.

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Workin!  As you likely know, that's the EQ mortgage score.  That score can be very different from one's FICO 8.  Citi's FICO 8 BankCard score is at least in the same FICO 8 family.

If our OP wants the pure FICO 8 Classic, there's a CU that offers it just for having a savings account with them.  Contributor South Jamaica knows the CU's name, though I can't remember it.

Another possibility is that our OP can pull his three FICO 8 scores for a buck at Credit Check Total every now and then.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Workin!  As you likely know, that's the EQ mortgage score.  That score can be very different from one's FICO 8.  Citi's FICO 8 BankCard score is at least in the same FICO 8 family.

If our OP wants the pure FICO 8 Classic, there's a CU that offers it just for having a savings account with them.  Contributor South Jamaica knows the CU's name, though I can't remember it.

Another possibility is that our OP can pull his three FICO 8 scores for a buck at Credit Check Total every now and then.

Vantage West bank is no longer nationwide, it's Arizonians only.

OP, if you don't plan to make any moves soon, you really don't need a monthly EQ FICO8 score, just monitor your EQ on sites like CK, when you see a change there and your curiosity is killing you, pay $1 at CCT and get all your FICO scores.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

To dovetail on Oldman's excellent advice, if you have pulled your Karma and CCT scores at the same time, after a while you may be able to reply on your Karma EQ to approximate your FICO 8 EQ.  E.g. your FICO 8 may be always 10-13 points higher (say) than Karma's EQ.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CGID, while that's a possibility for some to try and base their FICO score changes for a certain bureau against their VS 3.0 score(s), it's also worth mentioning that many people see irratic/unexplained behavior/variances between the two.  Lots of people report an event raising their FICO score, but reducing their VS 3.0 score, leaving them scratching their head.  This happened on my profile recently for example when I was at AZEO with a $3.00 reported balance and my FICO scores increased where the VS 3.0 algorithm seemingly ignored the ultra tiny $3.00 balance and I said around a 10 point drop there.  A larger balance reported on another card and the VS 3.0 points came back, but I lost a few FICO points for another account with a balance.  Just a profile-specific example here of course.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

True.  But it is free.  My Bancard 8 from Citi is currenty 713, so not too different than what DCU is showing.  May be due to me having some loans showing up on my report.

Message 8 of 31
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies, this definitely helps. I had not considered just watching for changes on CK and then getting a 7 day trial. That should work and I won’t need to apply for anything new. I really want to stay in the garden for now and let some inquiries fall off.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 9 of 31
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Not exactly what you want but Elements Financial FCU offers monthly EQ FICO 05 with checking.  Soft pull to join last I knew.  They also have a very nice push / pull ACH system  1 day either way and they are in the Co-Op branch network.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.