Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get Equifax scores for free?

tag
Layered
Established Member

Where to get Equifax scores for free?

EDIT: I'm looking for a website like Credit Karma and Credit Sesame. Is there a website that uses data from Equifax instead of Experian or TransUnion?

It doesn't seem like there is one that uses Equifax but if there is, please share!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

The scores you are getting from EX and CK are not FICO scores and are pretty much useless.

Same with EQ.  Even if there was a place to get it for free, which I am not sure of, it would not be a real FICO score.

Message 2 of 11
Layered
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

The scores you are getting from EX and CK are not FICO scores and are pretty much useless.

Same with EQ.  Even if there was a place to get it for free, which I am not sure of, it would not be a real FICO score.

Thanks for the reply but nowhere in my post I stated that I'm getting FICO scores from these and services offered by Experian is nothing but useless. I use free websites to double check various information and I'm very far from a credit newbie Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Why would you want a FAKO score, then? I'm puzzled. I could see wanting access to report information and/or changes, like CK and CS. But a score that is not used by lenders and serves no real purpose seems an odd request for a non-newbie.

You could try Quizzle, but it only updates every six months. And it is also non-FICO, so there's that.

Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

From your post I had no idea your weren't a "newbie" nor that you knew the difference between a FICO and a FAKO.  Unfortunately, many do not so I made an incorrect assumption that you did not either.  My sincere apologies.

Message 5 of 11
Layered
Established Member

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Why would you want a FAKO score, then? I'm puzzled. I could see wanting access to report information and/or changes, like CK and CS. But a score that is not used by lenders and serves no real purpose seems an odd request for a non-newbie.

You could try Quizzle, but it only updates every six months. And it is also non-FICO, so there's that.

Ok maybe my original post was misleading. I'm looking for a website that uses data from Equifax and provides free reports just like CK and CS. Monitoring services provided by CK and CS aren't worthless. FAKO scores aren't worthless either as they can serve as a helpful educational tool and can also help people build credit. Also, Quizzle uses Experian, not Equifax.

I have 16 major credit cards and I applied for 7 more recently and got all 7 approved on the same day including a $20k CL Penfed Platinum Rewards card. My total credit limit is well over $200,000 and my FICO scores are in the 100th percentile.

I'm planning on making a thread with brief remarks for each issuer I've dealt with as soon as I get all the new cards and have things sorted out.

@guiness56 wrote:

From your post I had no idea your weren't a "newbie" nor that you knew the difference between a FICO and a FAKO.  Unfortunately, many do not so I made an incorrect assumption that you did not either.  My sincere apologies.

No need to apologize! My original post wasn't clear.

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 11
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I think that was discontinued.
Message 8 of 11
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

There's nothing free listed for EQ in the CMS thread...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Digital CU will give a free score to members, but it's not exactly free, and no reports.

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

There's nothing free listed for EQ in the CMS thread...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Digital CU will give a free score to members, but it's not exactly free, and no reports.

Admittedly it has been a year since I scoured the web for new CMSs. But I also troll several sites and never have seen a free EQ-based CMS.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.