cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which EQ score provided at discover pre-approval ?

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Which EQ score provided at discover pre-approval ?

Hello

I tried to check my discover offers through their new pre-approval page but I didn't get any offer due to the fact that I have a new discover card that is less than one year

However I did see that they offer a FICO score based on EQ report at the end of the denial letter

is this a FICO 8 score ? given that the range is 300 to 850 so its not a bankcard model

if anyone know their current EQ FICO 8 score and tried this page let me know if its the same score

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Which EQ score provided at discover pre-approval ?

Just pulled mine up on the Discover site. An it says “Fico Score 8 From Transunion” hope this helps!
Message 2 of 17
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input but I think you missed my point

I am not asking about the score provided in your discover credit card account which is FICO 8 based on TU

I am asking about the score provided if you try their pre-approval page and get denied and offered an EQ FICO score

Thanks though

Message 3 of 17
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

That's not the same thing. That's the free TU provided monthly.

I asked a similar question a couple of days ago, but did not receive an answer. We may not know, or have not yet attracted the right attention. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Discover-App-provided-score-FICO-08/m-p/509...
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 4 of 17
JVille
Valued Contributor

Sorry I misunderstood and thought thats what you wanted.
Message 5 of 17
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I actually called discover credit operations number and they don't know

apparently the only way to know is for someone to pull their EQ 8 through a paid service and then go directly to discover and not have any offers to match the scores !!

If this is EQ 8 then that's awesome .. it means that discover is effectively offering all FICO 8 scores for free though u need to be a card holder to get TU

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you need to NOT get any pre-qualified offers, then you'll see your EQ 08 score?  I just tried and it came up with the IT and the CHROME, so I guess no dice there. 

Message 7 of 17
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a discover card ? .. if  yes when did you open it ?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure who you are posing the above question to?  I've had it for about 6 months.

Message 9 of 17
JVille
Valued Contributor

Yep, don’t know who you are asking but Yes I have a Discover Card opened in 1989 Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.