Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Score Does a Bank use when they equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Score Does a Bank use when they equifax

I am looking at buying a boat and called my credit union (tennessee valley cc) to check on rates. I ask which credit bureau they used to get the score they replied they use an EQ for boat and a auto enhanced EQ for cars. So are they pulling basically the same score I am seeing here? I have a 735 score on here or are they using the EQ score from EQ site?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which Score Does a Bank use when they equifax

@Anonymous wrote:
I am looking at buying a boat and called my credit union (tennessee valley cc) to check on rates. I ask which credit bureau they used to get the score they replied they use an EQ for boat and a auto enhanced EQ for cars. So are they pulling basically the same score I am seeing here? I have a 735 score on here or are they using the EQ score from EQ site?

It's hard to say. You might want to ask your CU if they're pulling your EQ FICO 08 (sold here) or EQ FICO 04 score. The EQ site sells the EQ FICO 04 score and an EQ FAKO score.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks, when I purchased the score from EQ it did not say anything about it being a FICO score or did not give me a option to buy a FICO score from them. Is there a big score difference between the two. The EQ score I purchased from the site said it was a 677 and that was good which makes no sense at all. I would consider that score fair at best.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a big difference in scores in EQ 04 report and the EQ 08 report?
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks, when I purchased the score fromEQ it did not say anything about it being aFICO score or did not give me a option to buy aFICO score from them. Is there a big score difference between the two. TheEQ score I purchased from the site said it was a 677 and that was good which makes no sense at all. I would consider that score fair at best.

For some people, the difference between their EQ FICO 04, EQ FICO 08 and EQ FAKO scores are big. If you want to see your EQ FICO 04 score, click on the link below.

EQ Score Power

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a big difference in scores inEQ 04 report and theEQ 08 report?

My FICO 08 scores were about 35 points higher than my FICO 04 scores. Some recent changes occurred on all three of my reports and my scores have come down. For others their FICO 08 scores are lower.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.