cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card protects consumer the best?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which card protects consumer the best?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@alexgold9393 wrote:

Hi Guys, 

I'm interested in buying a replica watch from hong kong, they say they have a refund policy and everything but I'm still worried. If I get a POS in the mail, do I have any recourse and what's the best card to use to buy it. 

I have discover, capital one, credit one, us bank, and citi. 

Thank in advance

Don't do it. "Replica" is codeword for knockoff.

What exactly is the problem with that? Some people don't want to pay a fortune for a watch. As long as they know what they're buying, it's nobody else's business. 

According to the courts of the United States it is the business of the company whose works are being knocked off.

Which doesn't impact a consumer at all. Producing and selling knock offs is illegal, buying or possessing them is not. 

This particular consumer is risk averse. Dealing with a foreign company which makes its money ripping off brand name products is going to be a risky transaction on many levels.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@alexgold9393 wrote:

Hi Guys, 

I'm interested in buying a replica watch from hong kong, they say they have a refund policy and everything but I'm still worried. If I get a POS in the mail, do I have any recourse and what's the best card to use to buy it. 

I have discover, capital one, credit one, us bank, and citi. 

Thank in advance

Don't do it. "Replica" is codeword for knockoff.

What exactly is the problem with that? Some people don't want to pay a fortune for a watch. As long as they know what they're buying, it's nobody else's business. 

According to the courts of the United States it is the business of the company whose works are being knocked off.

Which doesn't impact a consumer at all. Producing and selling knock offs is illegal, buying or possessing them is not. 

This particular consumer is risk averse. Dealing with a foreign company which makes its money ripping off brand name products is going to be a risky transaction on many levels.

Yeah I agree. I also did some research and I'm wrong. According to customs and border patrol, importing replicas is actually illegal, even for personal use. 

Message 12 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

illegal transactions are probably not covered by any card.

Replicas aren't illegal as long as they are sold as replicas. 

You are wrong.  No gray area.

Buying or selling counterfeit items is illegal.

In addition, it supports terrorism and other horrible crimes.

Buying homage items is not.  He is not buying a homage item.

I know quite a bit about watches and there is no reason in the world to buy a counterfeit watch other than to try and impress people.  Counterfeits are junk and not made for quality.  Any watch collector will tell you that a Seiko or Orient for $100-$200 is a million times better or more respectable than any counterfeit.

It has nothing to do with not being able to afford a nice watch.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I know quite a bit about watches and there is no reason in the world to buy a counterfeit watch other than to try and impress people.  Counterfeits are junk and not made for quality.  Any watch collector will tell you that a Seiko or Orient for $100-$200 is a million times better or more respectable than any counterfeit.

Read the rest of the thread. I'm not going back and changing all my posts. I already admitted that I did some more research and I was wrong, no need to beat a dead horse. 

Message 14 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Read the rest of the thread. I'm not going back and changing all my posts. I already admitted that I did some more research and I was wrong, no need to beat a dead horse. 

Then don’t.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enough already.  I think the subject had been covered sufficiently.  Thread locked..

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.