cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is more valid MyPrivacyMatters Fico scores or Actual CRA scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refreshed my MPM scores and looked specifically at my Experian score. As of today it is 690.

But when I log into Experian.com and refreshed my scores it listed as 705.

Which one is more valid? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Which is more valid MyPrivacyMatters Fico scores or Actual CRA scores?

I thought both of those are FAKOS.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I refreshed my MPM scores and looked specifically at my Experian score. As of today it is 690.

Don't know about MPM, but from what I heard they are FAKOS.  CRA scores, with rare specific exemptions, are FAKOS.  And, sadly, FICO scores (49 in total) that happen to not be the  one FICO model chosen by your wanted lender are as good as FAKOS.  So...

The good news is that the last quarter 5% rewards season has officially began!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know about MPM, but from what I heard they are FAKOS.  CRA scores, with rare specific exemptions, are FAKOS.  And, sadly, FICO scores (49 in total) that happen to not be the  one FICO model chosen by your wanted lender are as good as FAKOS.  So...

The good news is that the last quarter 5% rewards season has officially began!

Honestly, the whole credit report industry is a mess! Its a conspiracy to get more money from us fools.

There are like 50+ fico models, fakos and non-fakos that it can drive anybody crazy just figuring out which fico model to look at.

I wished I had a fako grading system in college. Once I receive my grade score from my professor, I would go online and select a higher grade from one of the many scoring models. I bet you if they had that kind of system, everybody would have graduated summa **bleep** laude. Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on what you mean by valid.  All scores are valid for what they are.  However you can't rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by an entirely different model.  If you want to know what score a given creditor will use for you they probably won't use either of the scores you're asking about.  If you want to pull the score that a creditor will pull for you then you have to ensure that you're pulling a score using the same scoring model and CRA that the creditor would use and that no data changes would take place between the time you made the pull and the creditor made the pull.  You don't have access to scores based on all FICO models used by every creditor.  That's why fixating on the numbers is pointless IMO.  Focus on your reports.  Scores are based on the data in your reports.  A good report will lead to a good score.  And keep this in mind when reviewing your reports:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

This is a very common topic so don't overlook prior threads and the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum -- including its stickies.

@Anonymous wrote:

CRA scores, with rare specific exemptions, are FAKOS.

All scores generated by the CRA's are FAKO's.  FICO is the only company that generates FICO's.  FICO's are based on the data in the reports from the CRA's but they are not generated by the CRA's.

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, the whole credit report industry is a mess! Its a conspiracy to get more money from us fools. 

There's no conspiracy.  FICO's customers are the creditors.  Different creditors emphasize different aspects of one's credit and that's why there are different models that weigh factors differently.  Again, focus on reports versus the specific numbers unless you know what scoring model the creditor you're applying to uses and you can obtain a score using that model.

@Anonymous wrote:

I wished I had a fako grading system in college. Once I receive my grade score from my professor, I would go online and select a higher grade from one of the many scoring models. I bet you if they had that kind of system, everybody would have graduated summa **bleep** laude.

Broken analogy.  The credit scoring system doesn't make everyone's scores higher.  You'd have the same problems if different college grading systems were used.  The person reviewing the grades would determine the model used -- not the person being graded.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.