Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which monitoring site is the best?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which monitoring site is the best?

I have myfico now and I am pretty used to it.  I ordered the 7 day trial of CCT and I got confused on how to manage my stuff in there so I cancelled.  But I keep hearing that it updates more often than myfico.  In your opinion whats the better bang for your buck???

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which monitoring site is the best?

If you get the half price deal with CCT, it's way better than MyFico. EX report updates daily, the other two reports update monthly. With MyFico it's three months.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best bang for your "buck" quite literally is the CCT $1 trial.  Use it twice a month and for 2 bucks you get a total of 4 3B updates with scores.  From where I stand, that's very tough to beat for what you get.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT is awesome

Message 4 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the purpose is other than monthly monitoring, then the most complete reports are usually provded at annualcreditreport.com.

I would use that site for a complete review.

However, since it is limited to only one pull every 12 months, it is obvioulsy not the answer to monthly monitoring, such as for ID theft.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best bang for your buck is to not pay for any of these monitoring service. Use Annualcreditreport.com every 4 months for your free report - and use the free scores provided by your credit cards to look for problems. You can also use Credit Karma to take a peak at your inquiries and such, although the scores are a different useless model, you can see if there are issues and can dispute them through that site as well. 

Remember your cards will only report monthly, so the score may go up or down by a few points, but there's no real benefit to check your score frequently; it won't change very much, if at all. (depending on your payment and usage patterns) Once a month is often enough and if you've got more than a few cards from different issuers, you may not be able to see your reports, but you can see your scores. 

And do a search for Discover Scorecard - it's free and you don't even need Discover. A Transunion credit report every month, for free. 

Message 6 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'd recommend CCT also for many of the reasons already listed.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 15
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

This is a site to help and orient readers regarding credit topics. What is CCT? www.cct.com? www.cct.net? Credit Card Troubles monitoring?

Not everyone knows what CCT is....

Message 8 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

This is a site to help and orient readers regarding credit topics. What is CCT? www.cct.com? www.cct.net? Credit Card Troubles monitoring?

Not everyone knows what CCT is....

Credit Check Total.

It's easier to clarify if there are questions in a forum format, than to type out the entire thing every single time; wouldn't be a bad idea to update the abbreviations sticky but that's not often found by our membership either.

MF culture at this point, eventually new users get integrated into it though I will fully admit that's suboptimal but it's what we have in a community forum format.

        
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great point, Revelate!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.