cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can still access your credit files if they are locked/frozen by owner?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who can still access your credit files if they are locked/frozen by owner?

I'm just curiuos. I have not locked my files but was wondering if any entity like an employer, cc companies you already have on your accounts list etc.

And while locked do I still have access to my reports thru the various sources?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Who can still access your credit files if they are locked/frozen by owner?

Your current lenders can still access as well as any lender/collector you may owe money to.

Not sure of employers.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Employers may be a hit & miss area. I have 3 parties that check my background including credit every year. 2 out of the last 3 years I've had to unfreeze my reports for them to clear me for work.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Physh1 wrote:

Employers may be a hit & miss area. I have 3 parties that check my background including credit every year. 2 out of the last 3 years I've had to unfreeze my reports for them to clear me for work.

Physh1 is correct, if an employer engages a third party to conduct background checks, which is getting increasing popular these days, then you would have to unfreeze.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Physh1 wrote:

Physh1 is correct, if an employer engages a third party to conduct background checks, which is getting increasing popular these days, then you would have to unfreeze.

This is good to know bc if for instance your current employer is looking it lets you know. Currently I'm not looking for job so thats good. Cap 1 is looking bc I get constant auto finance offers from them. Interesting how this credit thing works!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.