cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck is CSC credit Services, and why did they Send me a CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who the heck is CSC credit Services, and why did they Send me a CR?

CSC is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!  I have had Scorewatch and Identity Theft protection for years.  My scores with all three agencies are over 800.  You would think it should be a bit easier for me, but no. 

My score randomly dropped from 822 to 806 over two months with absolutely no change in activity.  Not even an inquiry!  When I spoke with them (which takes forever to figure out!)  they basically told me I had a good score no matter what so don't worry about it.  No one can explain why my score is dropping when the reports are exactly the same month to month.  The score stopped dropping after about 3 months, but still with no explanation.

My fiance has had a terrible time with CSC too.  He has wrong info on his report which was quickly corrected with Transunion and Experian, but is still incorrect after a year of challenges with CSC.

UGH!!!!!!!!  Just make sure that whoever you apply for credit with uses Transunion or Experian for their scores and you're okay.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

heatherjo811 wrote:
My score randomly dropped from 822 to 806 over two months with absolutely no change in activity.  Not even an inquiry!  When I spoke with them (which takes forever to figure out!)  they basically told me I had a good score no matter what so don't worry about it.  No one can explain why my score is dropping when the reports are exactly the same month to month.  The score stopped dropping after about 3 months, but still with no explanation.

The reports may look the same, but that doesn't mean the score stays the same.  For example, if you have had some inactivity on a CC for a few months, it could ding your score slightly since you're not "proving" your continued responsible use of credit by using it.  Also, some good history may have aged off -- it used to be that the good stuff stayed with you forever, but now if you closed an account 10 years ago that was in good standing, it drops off (like a BK!). 
Message 22 of 25
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Anybody have a phone number for someone at Equifax who might help me with this issue?

My CSC report is FINALLY getting close to being 100% accurate, but Equifax hasn't updated their information in WEEKS.  Supposedly they share the exact same database, but Equifax is still pulling erroneous information on my TrueCredit reports (EQ is also still my lowest score of the 3).

Anyone else have this problem, and if so, has anyone had any luck resolving it?

Is there a time lapse between CSC and EQ reporting the same info?
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received something in the mail from csc, I don't know who they are either. Ive only heard of the big boys too so this company is all new to me too, if indeed that's who they are
Message 24 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Already covered in prior posts in this thread but first hit with Google:

http://www.equifax.com/csc/

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.