Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck is SageStream??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who the heck is SageStream??

Alittle background first- So I filed Chapter 7 at the end of June 2018, DC end of October 2018. Only things left on CR were student loans. I now have a Capital One, Discover Secured, a Wayfair, and an Overstock account. In December, I went to a toyota dealership and was approved for a 2015 Camry with 25000 miles for 16k through GM Financial. Interest is 18% but will be refinanced next year. I also opened a toyota store credit card -limit $1500.
A couple of days ago, I received 2 decline letters from Ally Financial stating that they denied me (for the car loan) based on TU score of 668, and SageStream score of 483.
My question is who the heck is SageStream? And why is their score so much lower than TU? I am trying really hard to rebuild my credit and now I have another CRA to worry about? Any help or words of wisdom would be appreciated!
9 REPLIES 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Who the heck is SageStream??

Sorry.. Ouch..

Sage Stream is another CB like the "big three" and there are more..

Some are lesser known than others..

You can request your SS report & dispute an inaccuracies..

https://www.sagestreamllc.com/

Good Luck..aaa1 Good Luck.gif

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

SageStream has its own data, and also uses its own proprietary credit scoring algorithm, which is based on a scale of 1-999.

Most creditors do not report to SageStream, and thus its database for scoring is not as complete as those of the big-3.

Both as to data used to generate the score and the algorithm, it is not comparable to a FICO score.

Message 3 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'd freeze Sagestream and ARS. Making it two less you have to bother with. There's an easy online guide of how to do this. The process is as simple as faxing them.
Message 4 of 10
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am trying really hard to rebuild my credit and now I have another CRA to worry about? Any help or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

More than just one more CRA...  There are LOTS of smaller CRAs out there.

Take a look at the CFPB list - it's not complete, but it does cover rather a lot of them:

s3.amazonaws.com/files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kathyups ... Sage Stream is another "pain in the neck" as there are way TOO MANY CB's and INFORMATION GATHERS!!! Spent some considerable time tracking many down and froze over ten of them!!! Yeah Smiley Mad Even found a group that collects and reports on telephones etc ... GADS!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hummmm... looks like I am going to add a new hobby to my credit monitoring... finding and freezing these other CRA's :-(
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kathyups here is sampling: ARS, Chex Systems, Equifax, Experian, Sage Stream (Formerly known as IDA), Innovis, LexisNexis, MIB, NCTUE, and Transunion (note two of these merged). There are more and places such as Early Warning Systems slides under the credit bureau standard and you cannot freeze them. As I find more I will freeze them. At one time I had identified 33 potentials but can't find my list, yet.

Message 8 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

SageStream? Well as I live and learn. It is unbelievable to me that there is another place—so many places—where our info is just floating out there in the universe. I’m speechless.

Ok OP, back to you and to give you some words of wisdom, and I hope you take this in the spirit it is given.

Start thinking of building credit as a marathon and not a sprint. IMHO, view this auto loan denial as a blessing in disguise. 18% on $25K (a secured loan) is an egregious rate. I think you dodged a bullet.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I know it's a marathon and not a sprint... I was oblivious for quite a few years on credit- I've since pulled my head out of the sand Smiley Happy
It's just really frustrating to learn that there are so many others with my previously crappy credit profile information... hopefully with time, they will improve as well. *sigh*
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.