Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoaaa experian messes up huge!!!

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Whoaaa experian messes up huge!!!

long story short to lead into the mess up, i have a common name, my cousin has the same first and last name different middles. they have his SSN on my credit report, thus reporting all his information on my report even his past employment and addresses.  Second there is another person in my area with the same name and im like hey this address looks familar........i look him up hes in jail convicted on numerous felonies.  On the phone on hold now wow my experian score is below 500 because of this. And im woundering why im getting denied for everything.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Whoaaa experian messes up huge!!!

Ouch.  That happened to a cousin of mine - he nearly got arrested!!

But this morning I corrected some names and addresses on the phone with EX, and it seemed relatively painless
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks, What number did you guys use to contact them? I can never get a human. thanks
Message 3 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Experian
1 800 493 1058
Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm in your time zone
PO Box 9556
Allen, TX 75013
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!
Message 5 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

ive been on hold forever

1 800 493 1058

my experian report is a mess addresses are all wrong most of them are not even mine that combine two addresses for one wow

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some additional contact numbers to try at EX.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenkins wrote:
ive been on hold forever

Keep responding to automation phone lady by saying "Operator", "Operator", "Operator". It's hit and miss, but when it works you get "To speak with an operator, press zero now."
Message 8 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

ok, i finally got someone she was kind of rude at first but as the call went on she got nicer, everything is disputed the addresses are disputed,  i should have asked if these items are removed will i have to purchase a new report to see them.  Man im glad i pulled my report.  i dont know my score but my EQ is 541 and i got a notice for denial because my experian is below 520.

she said she has never see something like this they took a street address of mine from south carolina can combined it with ellenwood,ga my later place of residence and made a new address hahaha wow. thank you experian for making my credit life hell.

Message Edited by jenkins on 06-29-2007 10:36 AM

Message 9 of 15
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Call and start a dispute of an item.  Tell their automated system that it's not yours and you don't know who it belongs to.  It will then say you need to speak with an agent because it requires further assistance.  I'm now on hold to speak with a live person...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.