Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whoaaa experian messes up huge!!!

jenkins wrote:
ok, i finally got someone she was kind of rude at first but as the call went on she got nicer, everything is disputed the addresses are disputed,  i should have asked if these items are removed will i have to purchase a new report to see them.
she said she has never see something like this they took a street address of mine from south carolina can combined it with ellenwood,ga my later place of residence and made a new address hahaha wow. thank you experian for making my credit life hell.

Don't buy a new report. They are investigating, and you will get one in the mail. Did she give you a confirmation number or anything? If not, no worries. Just sit tight and wait. If you don't have a new report in the mail within 45 days, call back. Maybe start a log. Doesn't have to be fancy. It would be Word or Excel, or it could be just a single piece of notebook paper. Date, time, who you called, who you spoke with if you got a name, gist of the conversation, and a confirmation number if you were given one.

I always try to see the glass as half full, whenever possible. Sometimes in these situations, where the CRA has committed a major screw-up, old bad stuff might magically disappear from your EX report. It's the CRAs way of saying "my bad" and "hope ya don't sue my sorry butt". If it's a bad that's monthly reporting now, expect it to stay. But, if there's an old bad or two which hasn't updated in a year or so, it might go bye-bye. They might pick an OC or CA who is known by them to be lousy at validating. If it happens, you wouldn't be the first person for whom it has happened.

Message 12 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

The thing is the accounts are tied to a SSN that isn't even mine, they had like 2 other SSNs on there that didn't belong to me 2 made up addresses and a partridge in a pear tree that i don't own. 

Starting Score: 643

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenkins wrote:
The thing is the accounts are tied to a SSN that isn't even mine, they had like 2 other SSNs on there that didn't belong to me 2 made up addresses and a partridge in a pear tree that i don't own. 

Should not matter. When you called, I presume they confirmed some information. Name, address, SSN, DOB, etc. Right? Did they have your home address correct? They now have a dispute from you about your CR.

Anything on your CR that they attempt to validate and cannot validate has to, by law, get deleted.

An address that ain't yours connected to a delinquent phone bill that ain't yours? Both gone.

CC in collections belonging to K. E. Jenkins whereas you are K. B. Jenkins? Not validated as yours so gone.

Once they complete the investigation and mail you your updated CR, go over it carefully, line by line.

One thing that works is to make single sided photocopies and sit down with a couple of highlighter pens.

Go thru the whole report. Anything questionable, highlight it in yellow.

Go back thru a second time and look at the things you highlighted in yellow very carefully. Maybe it's correct and you just misread something. Skip it. But if it's still wrong, or it ain't yours, highlight it in pink. Those are the things you wanna dispute with EX, again.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-29-2007 01:02 PM
Message 14 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

only thing the same is the names, all 3 of us are a.l jenkins.  Im  JUST a. l., the other is a.j.l and the other is just a. jenkins.  The address dont match any of my aacounts at all its like they just said **bleep** it and threw them on my account like hey close enough. and they all with time warner cable and CPA.

Starting Score: 643

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.