Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why creditkarma is terrible

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Why creditkarma is terrible

I think the "approval" odds it gives me sometimes are funny.. Like Discover a fair chance and Chase Freedom a really good chance. I have both so I don't take it too seriously.
Message 11 of 24
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

Their recommended offers have worked for me. It gave me a good approval odd for Barclaycard Rewards and they approved me, AvantCredit and they approved me. I think it is a matter of how well you know your credit, your negatives in the report. Also, don't apply for something difficult just because something tells you you might. I like CK, specially now because of the Report Beta and they are backdated too!

Message 12 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

I know they get paid for advertisement just like myfico but why make it so tempting...

It's the consumer's responsbilitiy to not just give in to ads regardless of source.  The suggestions really don't mean anything.  They're just like any junk mail offer you get through USPS.

Message 13 of 24
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

I know they get paid for advertisement just like myfico but why make it so tempting...

It's the consumer's responsbilitiy to not just give in to ads regardless of source.  The suggestions really don't mean anything.  They're just like any junk mail offer you get through USPS.

But i thought i really would win that Publishers Clearing House contest, thats the reason i spent $29,000 in magazines for free entries!

Message 14 of 24
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

My FICO is always at least 40 points higher then CK FAKES thank goodness Smiley Surprised

Me too! Phew!

Message 15 of 24
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@PedrokiPR wrote:

Their recommended offers have worked for me. It gave me a good approval odd for Barclaycard Rewards and they approved me, AvantCredit and they approved me. I think it is a matter of how well you know your credit, your negatives in the report. Also, don't apply for something difficult just because something tells you you might. I like CK, specially now because of the Report Beta and they are backdated too!

What exactly is that?  I've been curious.

Like you, I've had good approval odds and matching results.

But I still don't trust their "score"! 

Message 16 of 24
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

They added a new function where you see your credit report, so basically you see everything on it, accounts, inquiries, closed accounts, derogatories... You name it and by backdated is that even they added that function recently, you will have the old credit reports.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

My FICO is always at least 40 points higher then CK FAKES thank goodness Smiley Surprised

Me too! Phew!

My experience is exactly the opposite -- CK says my FAKO is 768 (!!!!!) but myFico TU is 674 Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 24
hsspres
Contributor

For me, the new Credit Report Beta has no value unless I want a "trip down memory lane".  I do not care what my credit report looked like in the past, all that counts to me (and my creditors) is what does it look like right now.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 19 of 24
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Really? The credit report can be updated weekly. Not sure why the negativity about your free frigging credit report for free every frigging week. For free.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.