cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do soft inquiries show 0 credit history after 10 years of credit history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do soft inquiries show 0 credit history after 10 years of credit history?

Thanks in advanced.

Today I had executed temp lift of freezes on my files in order for a Bank to run a soft query against two bureaus. I have applied at the Bank at least seven times over the past 10 years and they always give me the same scripted response, that I "lack or do not have enough credit history." They have also literally asked if that I "recently started my credit history." Here's the thing, I monitor my credit very intimately and refresh every 7 days if done via aggregate from my bank's site (ex: One bank has their credit/score feature that grabs updates from all agencies except Innovis) and do a hard pull myself from paid monthly subscriptions from Transunion and Experian. I monitor all models that evaluate my credit history including M8, Vantage and Issac. I use the mean with common models. So here's the question and the point that's not readily answered in so-called articles on soft and hard pulls - which seem to merely speak to basics of soft pull versus hard comparisons. Soft should pull in sections with history that I know I have. How is it possible that Transunion and/or Experian still show insufficient credit history when a current Lender did a hard pull and literally says that I am an ideal customer, because I raise my credit by deliberately paying higher than normal rates on small personal loans. How is it after all these years that the Bank, and a few others who do soft pulls, still see no credit history?

Much obliged and thanks in advanced.

Sincerely yours,

Nugya

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do soft inquiries show 0 credit history after 10 years of credit history?

If rejected this time, will move on to the next search result to ask this question.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do soft inquiries show 0 credit history after 10 years of credit history?

Disregard. Disapprove. W/E. I got my answer almost instantly on another service.

Message 3 of 8
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Your question is quite convoluted. The only difference between a hard inquiry and a soft inquiry is whether it is counted as credit-seeking or account review. Both with show the same information in your credit report except soft inquiry entry is not seen by potential creditors. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

“... I raise my credit by deliberately paying higher than normal rates on small personal loans...”

I don’t understand this statement. As for timeliness of replies, you seem to get irritated across your posts. I’m not sure where you’re located, but here in NY your first post was at just after 1AM local, your second one a minute later, and your dismissive third post was less than half an hour after that. Since the vast majority of the posting population on this forum is US-based, you’re gonna need some patience as few are online at these times. I’m glad you got your answer though.
Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
“... I raise my credit by deliberately paying higher than normal rates on small personal loans...”

I don’t understand this statement. As for timeliness of replies, you seem to get irritated across your posts. I’m not sure where you’re located, but here in NY your first post was at just after 1AM local, your second one a minute later, and your dismissive third post was less than half an hour after that. Since the vast majority of the posting population on this forum is US-based, you’re gonna need some patience as few are online at these times. I’m glad you got your answer though.

+1

You need to have a little patience, posts will be answered lol.

I agree, I don't understand that statement either, your credit doesn't get raised because you pay higher rates??

Also creditors can see your credit history when doing a SP, so not sure where you are getting your info?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a shot in the dark here but if OP is being advised that paying higher rates is the path to higher scores, it sounds like the source of that advice is an unscrupulous lending institution.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be surprised if the OP ever returns to this thread, or the forum for that matter.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.