Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax score so much lower?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Equifax score so much lower?

Hello,

Why is my Equifax score is so much lower than the other two?  I actually have less inquiries on this one than the others.  I have a BK from 6 years ago but that shows up on all three.

My current scores are:

TU:  659 (although through my Washington Mutual Account it says 685)
Experian:  660
Exquifax:  636

I am really working hard to reach 720.  I have too many revolving accounts with too high of balances so I am getting those paid off and I can already see the more I pay down the more my scores are going up which is great. My limits are pretty low so I will have all of my cards paid off by the end of the year.  I just was not sure why Equifax is always so much lower?

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Equifax score so much lower?

More than likely your average age of accounts is lower on EQ.  You have said that you have "less" on your EQ report.  Believe or not, less can actually be worse.

If you have an old baddie (5 to 7 years old) and it drops off, it can actually hurt your score.  It will lower your average age.

I would look things over totally and make sure there is not wrong info on the report.  If there is, then dispute.  Might be more inquires on it.

Get your utilization down below 10%, and never be late!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Equifax score so much lower?

Mine is a Lot lower also ,in my case  the only difference  is inquiries.
Eq 613
Tu 685
Ex 687
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.