cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would my 3 scores vary so drastically and 1 agency report a debt while the other doesn't?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would my 3 scores vary so drastically and 1 agency report a debt while the other doesn't?

Why would my 3 scores vary so drastically? Each report also has major differences and discrepncies and some debt that I cleary dont owe or have any knowledge of?  Im new to this and trying to find out the next step.

EQ- 702

TU- 594

EX- 600

FICO- 567 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Why would my 3 scores vary so drastically and 1 agency report a debt while the other doesn't?

Look closely at all 3 reports. Any debt showing that you know for sure is not yours can be disputed or you can ask them to validate the debt. The difference in scores is because of the different info on each report that is being calculated.

Any agency can decide of they want to report, and to who, which may explain that end of it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why would my 3 scores vary so drastically and 1 agency report a debt while the other doesn't?

Thank you for the swift reply RM. Im taking a detailed look now and making notes.  In doing so I noticing quite a few disturbing descrepncies.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Any score is generated based on the data in a report.  Difference in scores are due to one or more of the following:

• Different scoring model
  • Different CRA
  • Differences in data

Report data among the 3 may not be identical so don't just expect them to be the same as not all creditors report to all 3.  Certainly address any issues and incorrect data with all 3.  If you have valid derogatory information on your reports thne carefully research in the Rebuilding subforum and see what you can do about them.  Don't overlook the stickies in the various subfora as well as existing threads as resources.

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ- 702

TU- 594

EX- 600

FICO- 567  

Where are yo getting these scores from?  Whenever you're referring to a score you need to be aware of both the scoring model & the CRA for the score.  What are they for each of these?  Keep in mind that FICO doesn't have just one scoring model (see also the Understanding FICO Scoring Subforum and its stickies).

Different scoring models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges.  Don't assume that you can use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model or that different models should produce the same score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.