Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife fell for Phishing scam, Chase closed my accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wife fell for Phishing scam, Chase closed my accounts

Since everyone was so generous with their opinions and advice I thought I would write and let you all know that Chase, upon the second review, agreed to reopen my accounts, much to my surprise. Thank you all for your input.

Message 21 of 25
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Glad it worked out for you! Thanks for the update.

Message 22 of 25
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

wow that is excellent news, congrats.  curious, who paid for the mistake - them or you?

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me. My view is that is is not the banks fault. (Which is why I was so angered that they would close my accounts). We filed Google, FTC and police reports with zero hope of anyone getting caught. It is a $1000 lesson....
Message 24 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since everyone was so generous with their opinions and advice I thought I would write and let you all know that Chase, upon the second review, agreed to reopen my accounts, much to my surprise. Thank you all for your input.

Sometimes miracles do happen. Congratulations on the reversal.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.