cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chapter 13 REALLY fall off of my CR in 7 years???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Chapter 13 REALLY fall off of my CR in 7 years???

Okay...not sure I'm posting my question in the right forum.  I am a complete newbie.  The question I have is for anyone out there who has actually filed a chapter 13 and had it fall off of their credit report.  I have read that a chapter 13 should fall off in 7 years.  We filed ours May 1st. 2001 and completed it May 1st. 2004.  Will this actually fall off May of 2008, and if so...how much can I expect for this to effect my Fico score.  Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Chapter 13 REALLY fall off of my CR in 7 years???

yes   Im not sure how it will effect your scores now....I think the effect gets less each year & now might not mean much..

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-11-2007 07:02 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-11-2007 07:05 PM
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Happy Days...Does it happen instantanously, or will I need to do anything?  How much will my credit score increase?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...I guess I responded to soon.  Thanks for your help!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

devans66 wrote:
Thanks Happy Days...Does it happen instantanously, or will I need to do anything?  How much will my credit score increase?

CRA should drop it automatically

you are more then welcome

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-11-2007 07:06 PM
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again...oh to be finally free of this BK.  Also...do the accounts that were conneted with said BK automatically fall away as well?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes the should.  all baddies drop in 7-7.5 years.  except some bk  liens and judgments
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as the CRAs are reporting your bankruptcy as discharged it should fall off 7 years from the date you filed it.  I saw a 60-80 pt increase once mine fell off
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...that's good news for sure.  Did your's fall off exactly 7 years from the month you filed, or did it take a few months?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

devans66 wrote:
Thanks...that's good news for sure.  Did your's fall off exactly 7 years from the month you filed, or did it take a few months?

Actually it fell off a month earlier for EX & EQ.  It was TU I had to fight with because they didn't have it as discharged even though the date it was was on my report
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.