cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be able to see the credit scores of my authorized users?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I be able to see the credit scores of my authorized users?

I am going to add my daughter and wife as AUs to one of my Chase credit cards to help them with their credit. As the primary account holder, will I be able to view their credit score similar to how Chase lets me see mine on my account information? I think there credit information is still private even if they're AUs on my account but want to confirm. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I be able to see the credit scores of my authorized users?

I don’t know but I’d like to know the answer as well.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't be able to see

If they have online login with Chase for any of their own accounts, they could see their own Experian report and VantageScore just like yours with Chase Credit Journey

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs are barred under the FCRA from disclosing any information in your credit file from any party other than the named consumer, one who has permissible purpose under one or more of the provisions detailed under FCRA 604, of for which the CRA is mandated to provide the information under some other provision of statute.

An authorized user does not meet any of those conditions, and thus their credit file information would not be accessible to you and/or vendors of credit reports based on that AU status.

Message 4 of 8
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The CRAs are barred under the FCRA from disclosing any information in your credit file from any party other than the named consumer, one who has permissible purpose under one or more of the provisions detailed under FCRA 604, of for which the CRA is mandated to provide the information under some other provision of statute.

An authorized user does not meet any of those conditions, and thus their credit file information would not be accessible to you and/or vendors of credit reports based on that AU status.

Question concerning this: If such is the case, the reverse should be true as well? i.e. the AU should not have any access to the "credit grantor's" (for lack of a better term) information? I ask because I had my DD set up as an AU on one of my cards, and when I got a $2K CLI on that same card, they knew about it on Credit Karma on their file.

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Question concerning this: If such is the case, the reverse should be true as well? i.e. the AU should not have any access to the "credit grantor's" (for lack of a better term) information? I ask because I had my DD set up as an AU on one of my cards, and when I got a $2K CLI on that same card, they knew about it on Credit Karma on their file.

@Wavester64 when you made her an authorized user, you gave them permission to give reporting details on the account to her file, and therefore access to that.

Therefore she can see the balance, credit limit, payment history, or whatever to do with that account that's reported. etc. because it's also on their report.

They cannot see your score because it's made up of more than just that account and they only have access to the accounts' information to which you have granted them access.

so basically they only have access to the tradeline you've given them access to and then that's limited.

Message 6 of 8
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

@Wavester64 when you made her an authorized user, you gave them permission to give reporting details on the account to her file, and therefore access to that.

Therefore she can see the balance, credit limit, payment history, or whatever to do with that account that's reported. etc. because it's also on their report.

They cannot see your score because it's made up of more than just that account and they only have access to the accounts' information to which you have granted them access.

so basically they only have access to the tradeline you've given them access to and then that's limited.

Thanks @Anonymous , that makes sense Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous , that makes sense Smiley Happy

@Wavester64 I knew they should not give an authorized user’s credit score to the primary or vice versa, but there are a lot of things that happen that should not. So, like I said, I was curious to see if any did, but I’m not surprised to see no one chimed in with the ability to do so.

They definitely should not because it is generated from information outside of the account to which access was granted, and, as RobertEG eloquently explained, they are barred from doing so by the FCRA. 

but, this makes a good point that authorized users should always have their own separate login, if any, if Primary is concerned about keeping credit details private. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.