Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be reported 30 days late?

tag
RE-NJ
Visitor

Will I be reported 30 days late?

Hello!

I missed a Barclays credit card payment that was due on 10/14. That past due amount was not paid until today 11/12. Will Barclays consider that 30 days late? I'm really unsure if the 30 days includes due date of 10/14 because if it does, then today would be the 30th day. If it doesn't, then today would only be the 29th day. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I be reported 30 days late?

I would guess it is 29 days since you aren’t 1 day late on the 14th. The 15th is 1 day let so today would be the 29th day late.
Message 2 of 4
RE-NJ
Visitor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would guess it is 29 days since you aren’t 1 day late on the 14th. The 15th is 1 day let so today would be the 29th day late.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm really hoping today would only be the 29th day late since I also take the view that the due date itself shouldn't be considered a "late day".

However, I've read so many conflicting viewpoints on what is considered a 30 day late payment e.g. "30 days from due date", "30 days after due date", "30 days including due date because of payment cut-off times", etc.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The following is a direct quote from the standard credit reporting manual, the "Credit Reporting Resource Guide," which is the official reporting standard of the big-4 CRASs:

The “clock” for a 30-day delinquency starts 30 days after the due date, as opposed to the billing date.

The following example tracks an account history for four months, specifying the Metro 2® Account Status Code that should be reported.   The Due Date for this example is the 15th of each month.

Date of Acct. Info.              Jan. 1 Feb. 1 Mar. 1 Apr. 1

Bills Received                    1           2           3           4

Payments Past Due            0           1           2           3

# Days Past Due Date        0          17         45         76

Metro 2 Status Code         11         11         71         78

Definitions:                       

Metro 2 Status Code 11         0 – 29 days past due date

Metro 2 Status Code 71        30 – 59 days past due date

Metro 2 Status Code 78        60 – 89 days past due date

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.