cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my card by switching banks

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Will I lose my card by switching banks

I have no intention of switching banks right now. I'm with 5/3. I have my checking account with them. And savings which is nothing basically. I recently got approved for a 6,100 limit. My largest credit card limit to this point. If down the road for whatever reason I decide to go to another bank do you think they would close that card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I lose my card by switching banks

@joesef wrote:

I have no intention of switching banks right now. I'm with 5/3. I have my checking account with them. And savings which is nothing basically. I recently got approved for a 6,100 limit. My largest credit card limit to this point. If down the road for whatever reason I decide to go to another bank do you think they would close that card?

I don't see why. When I lived in Mighigan we had 5/3 and my dad had a CC. We move to Arizona, no 5/3, so we changed banks and I still remember he still had the ame card.

Amex Green • Amex BCP • Amex HH (Aspire®) • Barclay Rewards • Chase World of Hyatt • Chase FU • Capital One Quicksilver • Discover it • PENFED Platinum Rewards • Marvel MC • Amazon Store • Kohls Store • CL $109,330 • Car Loan (PENFED) 1.99% PAID

FICO® 8 Scores 805-812 FICO® 9 Equifax 822
Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 4
Established Contributor

No. They still want you as a customer, whether that's with a checking, savings, or CC account. They still want to make money off of you and a credit card is one way to do that. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.