Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will WaMu approve me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will WaMu approve me?

I heard Washingtin Mutual pulls TU...i got a TU score of 572 with an inquiry from Hooters Card on 5/15/07.

I applied today with the offer that they send me in the mail...Do I stand a chance of getting approval?

I mean, I want this card because theres no annual fee. If i get approved for Hooters and Wamu...ill probably keep WaMu because Hooters got an annual fee for me.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will WaMu approve me?

You probably have a pretty good chance.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu/Providian won't approve me because I had a Providian in 1999-2000 that was charged off to the tune of about $3000. Apparently they have long memories (like AMEX) and won't approve anybody who has ever defaulted on them.

Even with my FICO in the 650s and going up, I suspect they won't have anything to do with me until the Providian TL falls off.

Message 3 of 30
Sunnybity
Contributor

Was the offer from WAMU an invite or a pre approved offer?  I got a pre approval from them and they approved me online for 2000 credit limit.  I was geeked because I was in the process of improving my credit and a friend had a WAMU and she said that they automatically review your credit for credit line increase.  Hers went from 1000 to 7000 with in a year.
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so i just called Wamu and got approved for $750 CL with no annual fee.

In your opinion...Should i also activate the Orchard ($300 CL, $59AF) to start building my credit up again??? (If i dont activate it...it wouldnt come on my report...correct?)

I also have Cap1 which has never been late with a $500 CL opened nearly 5 years ago.

7 bad items on the credit report and 1 medical collection. All paid in full or settlements in 2006 except the collection, which was 2 months ago.

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was an invite. and they approved me for $750. Its a start. thats all i care about.

Message 6 of 30
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would activate the Orchard.. close it in about a year or before the AF renews.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was thinking the same thing...or what i can do is try to get that AF taken off as i'll try my best to be ontime with each payment. If they dont do that, then i'll close it in a year before the AF hits again.

Message 8 of 30
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Irvin wrote:
i was thinking the same thing...or what i can do is try to get that AF taken off as i'll try my best to be ontime with each payment. If they dont do that, then i'll close it in a year before the AF hits again.

Yep. Sounds like a plan! Smiley Happy Glab you got approved. I was pretty confident you would.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually it was a "pre-approval"..not an invite from Wamu
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.