Did you mean: 

Will WaMu approve me?

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Will WaMu approve me?

Irvin wrote:
haha. I am 4 right now...

but 20 is not thatttt far away. Almost there.

haha jk

You are going to need an accounting clerk to pay the bills for you.
Cory
Message 21 of 30
jbryant710
Valued Member

I'm been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now and I love it.  Thank you so much, everybody, for the answers I've already gotten without even asking.  I do have a question, if someone can answer it.  I, too, just applied for a wamu card via a preapprove offer and applied online.  I got an email that said I was approved,  just haven't gotten the card yet.  Anyway, that is about the 4th card I've gotten in a month period.  Am I going to lose a ton of points because of all the inquiries?  Will I also lose points for my history average, having so many new cards?  I went from having an Orchard I got last year, to a Chase (invite) an Orchard Platinum (invite) a Macy's and now a WAMU.  I figured I needed some more credit, but I think I may have gone to far. 
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbryant710 wrote:
I'm been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now and I love it. Thank you so much, everybody, for the answers I've already gotten without even asking. I do have a question, if someone can answer it. I, too, just applied for a wamu card via a preapprove offer and applied online. I got an email that said I was approved, just haven't gotten the card yet. Anyway, that is about the 4th card I've gotten in a month period. Am I going to lose a ton of points because of all the inquiries? Will I also lose points for my history average, having so many new cards? I went from having an Orchard I got last year, to a Chase (invite) an Orchard Platinum (invite) a Macy's and now a WAMU. I figured I needed some more credit, but I think I may have gone to far.

IHMO- Play it cool for awhile and let them age a bit, keep the UTL down and ask for CLI's in a few months.
Message 23 of 30
jbryant710
Valued Member

Thank you so much, Timothy. 
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbryant710 wrote:

Actually you made the right move. Your credit will be for the better after 6 months. :-) Congrats.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i applied for Orchard, WaMu, Hooters, and Amex in the past month. All approved.

I already had cap1 for 5 years now, never late.

I guess i might take a hit with the score right now because of new accounts but i need credit for future. Trying to buy a condo or a house in 3-4 years, and a car hopefully beginning of 2008.

Message Edited by Irvin on 06-06-2007 02:17 PM
Message 26 of 30
jbryant710
Valued Member

Thanks Ilovepizza, I really needed to hear that Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They approved me with a TU 645
Message 28 of 30
Cory
Established Contributor

I got the same pre-approvals twice, $7,500.00 CL, No Annual Fee.
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For WAMU Specifically. **Wamu does strange things with apps. Before you apply, make sure you have either a 0$ balance or very very close to $0 on your credit reports with all other credit cards. It will improve your odds greatly with WAMU. They do not like UTL when applying.

This is not necessarily true. You mentioned in another thread that you were carrying 12 inquiries (if I remember correctly) at the time you applied. Even though WaMu claimed the reason for declining was your utilization, I think your inquiries were the key factor. I recently applied online for a WaMu card and received an instant approval. My utilization at the time I applied was 29%, but I had 0 inquiries during the previous 12 months.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.