cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will providng my credit report/score to creditors avoid hardpulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will providng my credit report/score to creditors avoid hardpulls?

Might seem like a silly question.

But will providing creditors a hard or digital copy of my creidt report and scores eliminate the fact that they have to hard inquiry about it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Will providng my credit report/score to creditors avoid hardpulls?

Its not a silly question. well. if you are looking at apartment complexs. they may take it. other lenders will take it too from you. but be sure. they will still pull your credit no matter what you do. its just how the game is played. Sorry. some with do softpulls. but that is exception to the rule. others will just do it regardless of your paperwork. so . there you go. it could happen. but chances of it happening are very very slim.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Just, beacuse as you can see from my previous post.

Needing more lines of credit was one of the things holding my score down...

So was inquiries.. So kinda trying to make them both work together.

@taxi818 wrote:

Its not a silly question. well. if you are looking at apartment complexs. they may take it. other lenders will take it too from you. but be sure. they will still pull your credit no matter what you do. its just how the game is played. Sorry. some with do softpulls. but that is exception to the rule. others will just do it regardless of your paperwork. so . there you go. it could happen. but chances of it happening are very very slim.

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mikemsceo wrote:

But will providing creditors a hard or digital copy of my creidt report and scores eliminate the fact that they have to hard inquiry about it? 

Generally no.  Creditors stick with the CRA's and scoring models that they prefer.  You don't have access to scores based on all FICO models.  Plus there's the chance that you've tampered with the data when they know that's not the case when they pull it on their own.

@mikemsceo wrote:

Needing more lines of credit was one of the things holding my score down...

So was inquiries.. So kinda trying to make them both work together.

Expect HP's for new credit.  It comes with the territory.  You just have to gradually build.  The effect of HP's tapers and falls off relatively quickly so don't obsess over avoiding HP's at the expense of building your credit.  I mean, don't go crazy with the apps but you have to take HP's to take on new lines of credit.

Message 4 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

If you are planning on applying at a local CU but aren't sure you will be approved, some CU's will review your CR copy.  They can normally tell you if they are likely to approve you from looking at your CR.  However, the caveats are they still HP you for applying and it will depend on the CU and your relationship with them if they are willing to do it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.