Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will removing this card hurt my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will removing this card hurt my credit?

While I was in the process of improving my credit I had my wife add me as an authorized user on a small $500 cl card of hers. It's been reporting to my credit for about 9 months now. I no longer want this on my credit but I'm wondering if removing me as an authorized user and having this come off my report will cause any issues with my credit score. It's a small card comparatively so I'm thinking not, I just want to be sure. Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will removing this card hurt my credit?

@Anonymous wrote:
While I was in the process of improving my credit I had my wife add me as an authorized user on a small $500 cl card of hers. It's been reporting to my credit for about 9 months now. I no longer want this on my credit but I'm wondering if removing me as an authorized user and having this come off my report will cause any issues with my credit score. It's a small card comparatively so I'm thinking not, I just want to be sure. Thank you

You haven't given us any information needed to answer your question.

What credit do you have in your own name? Limits, balances, etc. Also age of your accounts & age of this account.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 7 credit cards, total limits 13k, total balance 1600. Aaoa is 3 years. This account is about 8 months. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 7 credit cards, total limits 13k, total balance 1600. Aaoa is 3 years. This account is about 8 months. Thank you.

I don't see any problem in getting rid of it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see any problem in getting rid of it.

Agreed. Just be done with it. You’ll feel better lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.