Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this report as 30 days late?

tag
Quzy
Valued Member

Will this report as 30 days late?

Hello!

Normally, I take care of my husband's bills but we decided to split our bills because of the amount of stress it was putting me under. Low and behold.. he forgot to pay his car payment (Chrysler Capital) which was due Oct. 1st. He told me last night (Oct. 30th) and I was able to put the payment in at 10pm once he told me.. which automatically defaulted to Oct. 31st this morning and is pending payment. We are in the middle of closing on a house (Nov. 27th) and I had an absolute panic attack because I can't have this ruin our chances at our house.

I called and spoke to a supervisor at Chrysler Capital and they informed me since it was paid at the 30 day mark and as long as the payment goes through it will not be reported as late to the credit bereaus. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Have you skirted past having this reported on your credit if you pay on the 30th day?

We have never been late on any payments since I was late on one credit card in 2015.. so naturally I am freaking out since there is a LOT on the line right now with the house.

3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Will this report as 30 days late?

That will depend on cut off time.
All lenders have cut off time by which payment must be recieved to be credited as a same day payment.
In your case, it really depends on whether you paid by that time or after.
Fingers crossed it turns out well for you
Message 2 of 4
Quzy
Valued Member

I paid after the cutoff time on the 30th which was 5pm for Chrysler Capital, at least thats what the supervisor on the phone told me. My husband just chatted with them online as well, and the person told him he would not be reported to the CRAs because the payment was made before the next due date (Nov. 1st) and if he had paid on Nov 1st it would go to the CRAs instead of the 31st.

I'm hoping these reps are telling the truth.. this is very nerve wrecking for us!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the payment was posted before the next payment was due, many lenders will not report that as a 30 day late because some months have 31 days. This is especially true for people who have their due date fall on the 1st. I hope you saved that chat transcript just in case but if the rep said you're fine, you likely are. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.