cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow this is crazy

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Wow this is crazy

so I decided to give each CB a call today to make sure nothing derogatory surfaced on my credit following my recent CLD by SYNCB. So while on the fone with Equifax, I kinda asked the very nice lady about my expiring inquiries then she was like she'll be glad to take care of them today. Jokingly I said "yeah pls take care of everything." She laughed and placed me on hold. 2mins later she returns with a confirmation number and told me to expect the results in 30days. In my head I'm like she's BSing, ain't no way she gon delete them inquiries just like that. Well I just got an email notification and most of them were all deleted!!!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised Did they change the rules or was this probably a new employee that doesnt really know how it works. I'm shocked!!!

Macy's AMEX $47,000| Citi $13,000| CapOne $18,000| Chase $25,000| SYNCB $53,000| Fidelity $7800| Discover $3,000| NASA FCU $3,500| BestBuy $6,100| Barclay $4,400| TD Bank $1,000|

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: EQ 728 (681 as of 07/30/14) EX 721 TU 735 (669 as of 07/30/14)
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy

Oh wow!!! I am glad it worked out so well for you!!! That's a nice score boost for sure.

I don't think the rules have changed. The CRA employees are probably empowered to make (small changes) to one's report as neccessary. Deleting ALL of your inquiries is not exactly by the book, but hey, noone is gonna complain Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy

Congrats on the amazingly fantastic inquiry deletions there Mister!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Moderator

Re: Wow this is crazy

Wow..  You hit the jackpot.

Message 4 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy


@KoF88 wrote:
Oh wow!!! I am glad it worked out so well for you!!! That's a nice score boost for sure.

I don't think the rules have changed. The CRA employees are probably empowered to make (small changes) to one's report as neccessary. Deleting ALL of your inquiries is not exactly by the book, but hey, noone is gonna complain Smiley Happy

So funny some years back I had asked about inquiries and was blatantly told that I had to contact the creditor directly to delete them as they had no ability to do so. Now all of a sudden someone has the power to remove them so easily. I think it just boils down to the u person u deal with cos some of them are so mean and stick by the books for no reason. But hey I can't complain, just wish this happened to my EX cos no one really pulls EQ in my state.

Macy's AMEX $47,000| Citi $13,000| CapOne $18,000| Chase $25,000| SYNCB $53,000| Fidelity $7800| Discover $3,000| NASA FCU $3,500| BestBuy $6,100| Barclay $4,400| TD Bank $1,000|

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: EQ 728 (681 as of 07/30/14) EX 721 TU 735 (669 as of 07/30/14)
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy


@galahad15 wrote:

Congrats on the amazingly fantastic inquiry deletions there Mister!  Smiley Happy


Hahaha thanks galahad Smiley Wink

Macy's AMEX $47,000| Citi $13,000| CapOne $18,000| Chase $25,000| SYNCB $53,000| Fidelity $7800| Discover $3,000| NASA FCU $3,500| BestBuy $6,100| Barclay $4,400| TD Bank $1,000|

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: EQ 728 (681 as of 07/30/14) EX 721 TU 735 (669 as of 07/30/14)
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy


@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wow..  You hit the jackpot.


Lol it sure feels like it CC, only wish this happened with EX. Probably woulda gone drinking out tonight but oh well

Macy's AMEX $47,000| Citi $13,000| CapOne $18,000| Chase $25,000| SYNCB $53,000| Fidelity $7800| Discover $3,000| NASA FCU $3,500| BestBuy $6,100| Barclay $4,400| TD Bank $1,000|

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: EQ 728 (681 as of 07/30/14) EX 721 TU 735 (669 as of 07/30/14)
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy

Congrats!

And I died laughing at going drinking to celebrate the inq's coming off lol

Also what exact verbiage did you use? Thanks!
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy


@DoroLucky wrote:
Congrats!

And I died laughing at going drinking to celebrate the inq's coming off lol

Also what exact verbiage did you use? Thanks!

I'd love to know, too. Smiley Happy I would love to have some inquiries deleted. I know I have at least one double inquiry when there should have been one. 

 

You are one lucky guy!


Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover..
Message 9 of 10
Senior Contributor

Re: Wow this is crazy


@mister-endowed wrote:

so I decided to give each CB a call today to make sure nothing derogatory surfaced on my credit following my recent CLD by SYNCB. So while on the fone with Equifax, I kinda asked the very nice lady about my expiring inquiries then she was like she'll be glad to take care of them today. Jokingly I said "yeah pls take care of everything." She laughed and placed me on hold. 2mins later she returns with a confirmation number and told me to expect the results in 30days. In my head I'm like she's BSing, ain't no way she gon delete them inquiries just like that. Well I just got an email notification and most of them were all deleted!!!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised Did they change the rules or was this probably a new employee that doesnt really know how it works. I'm shocked!!!

 


Nice work!

 

I'd be interested to know if some of the inquiries were reclassified from "may affect your score" to the "will not affect your score" category and not, in fact, deleted.

 

Case in point, I disputed an unauthorized  PenFed inquiry that was in the HP, "may affect your score", category. I was told it was removed and behold it was no longer there. However, when I obtained a bona fide credit report, I found it had been moved to the SP,  "will not affect score" category. The free sites such as: CK, CS and Credit.com don't list SPs. I don't see SPs on the MyFico 3B reports either. 

 

Re-class vs deletion - can you confirm?

Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.