Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writting a good will letter for a student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Writting a good will letter for a student loan

If I were to write a good will letter to Sallie Mae will that process work? Has anyone else tried to do this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Writting a good will letter for a student loan

I presume that you are attempting to delete derogs, such as monthly delinquencies or a charge-off?

Is the loan private or federally insured or guaranteed?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they are private. They are from Salie Mea. I am trying to get the late payments off my credit.

Message 3 of 5
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Finding out whether or not they are federal or private should be indicated with Departement of Education as your guarantor in the loan details from your online access on Navient. Alternatively, if you are looking to see what federal loans you have, you can also look at National Student Loan Data System, which will have a record of all federal financial aid you've received.

You might have better luck checking out the Student Loans forum for more details related to actual wording of goodwill letters.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do decide to write GW letters, here's the technique that I recommend once you have your letter written to get it into as many hands as possible and in turn increase your chances of your desired result:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.