Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong FICO-HELP PLEASE!!!!

tag
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wrong FICO-HELP PLEASE!!!!

Especially through dealers, they pull auto enhanced reports, for me Experian (ugh), and attach to your file. Did the dealer pull one of each report? Which one had the score discrepancy? Consumers can't purchase their own Experian scores, only lenders can pull them. At the top of the report from the dealer, next to the score in my case, they listed it as Auto Enhanced Dealer Report. They highly rate the auto payment history. My Experian lender pulled in April 2009 was 545. Of course many things changed in a year, and by the time I had it pulled at a dealership last month, it was Auto enhanced 610 (it even had one recent medical collection that reported May 2009).

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if it's an Auto Enhanced score shouldn't it be higher?  I'm confused and frustrated trying to figure this thing out.  So my Score from fico is correct and this is my real credit standing?  or is it really the 510 shown at the dealer.

Message 12 of 15
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

The Equifax Fico score from here and the Transunion Fico score from here are real, and a current score for the day you pulled. Did you have past prior lates for auto loans, or repo's in your history? Ask the dealer or look over the report if they gave you one and see if it is a dealer auto enhanced score. If it is and you had prior lates, it will be lower than your true fico, but something the auto dealer will really look into as you're applying for an auto loan.

Also, if they pulled an Auto Enhanced Experian Score, that would be your true Exp. score weighed different based on your past auto loans. There is no way you can compare that score (first off it's auto enhanced- no consumer can purchase) to your Experian score, because no consumer has been able to view their true Experian score since last year---unless it's mortgage lender pulled, or from a CU in PA for state employees.

Hope this helps!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores are from Transunion and Experian and the transunion score is lower than the one I pulled on 3/31/10.   I currently have an auto loan and have never had any lates or anything like that.   This is something the dealer noted.   If I were late ever then wouldn't the scores I pulled in march reflect this?  it makes no sense why my scores are over 100 points less when nothing has changed in my report since my last pull.

Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Can you still see the report that the lender pulled?

If so, please look around and find the title of the report. This might be down at the bottom. It won't just say "Equifax" or "TransUnion", etc.; it will also have a specific name and probably a version number.

Can you type its name, word for word, so that we can take a look?

They might even be pulling Vantage scores or something, which are based on your EQ, TU, and/or EX reports, but use a completely different scale and a different scoring methodology.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.