Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes! The hard work is paying off!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! The hard work is paying off!

I had a paid state tax lien on my TU report from 1990. It was from my ex-husbands business years ago and since we filed jointly it fell back on me too. I had disputed this lien in May and nothing was done. So in June I called TU and disputed again. Last night the dipute process ended and the tax lien has been removed from my report! They also removed the two hard inquiries that the CA had placed on my report. The funny thing is, I had a major baddie and two inquiries removed from TU and my score dropped 23 points! Smiley Mad I will work on that. I am so glad this lien has been removed. I had applied for a CitiBusiness card last month and they told me the only reason they didn't give it to me was because of the tax lien being on my report. This goes to show that you have to be persistant and keep at.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes! The hard work is paying off!

Congrats to you, that's a BIG baddie to get off...

Just curious, was the tax lien against the house that your currently living in and filed at the courthouse? 

How did you dispute?  As "inacurrate"?

thanks,
ctRob
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, that was huge!!!!  Keep it up!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG!Smiley Surprised
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, that's a BIG baddie to get off...

Just curious, was the tax lien against the house that your currently living in and filed at the courthouse? 

How did you dispute?  As "inacurrate"?

thanks,
ctRob

The state tax lien was from 1990. There was no lien on the home we lived in from this. The lien was just paid off two years ago. (I finished paying the lien off) I contacted TU since this was the only CRA that the lien was on and told them the lien had been paid in full and they were still showing it as owed. After two disputes they completly removed it from my CR.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!!!!Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.