cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You think credit repair is frustrating, try adoption!

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You think credit repair is frustrating, try adoption!

Anyone else out there going through the process of adopting a child?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
hifiko
New Contributor

Re: You think credit repair is frustrating, try adoption!

Tusc...Have never been involved in child adoption matters but I am reasonably sure that if anybody ever would be a good father it would be you. I believe that people in this forum, many of which you have helped, would agree with me. I would only hope and pray you can succeed in the adoption process.
Message 2 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

hifiko wrote:
Tusc...Have never been involved in child adoption matters but I am reasonably sure that if anybody ever would be a good father it would be you.

I would have thought when they found out his FICOs were in the 400's he took a big hit  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Tuscani wrote:
Anyone else out there going through the process of adopting a child?

I never thought I would share this with anyone here but I was adopted at a young age. My dad  later told me how difficult the whole process was. He had to prove he was worthy emotionally, financially, have no criminal record so forth and so forth and so forth. A lot of time spent with judges and lawyers (it was complicated to say the least). But he did succeed! And we are grateful! Tusc you must stay strong and be your usual assertive self. It just takes time! Keep fighting!

Message Edited by fused111 on 09-12-2007 07:32 AM
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My family member is still trying to adopt from over seas for 3 years. It's waiting and mostly "timing". Their friends got a baby after 6 months, and my family member is still waiting. It is difficult and lengthy (also expensive) but can be very rewarding. Smiley Happy I hope it works out for you soon.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-12-2007 11:05 AM
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

hifiko wrote:
Tusc...Have never been involved in child adoption matters but I am reasonably sure that if anybody ever would be a good father it would be you. I believe that people in this forum, many of which you have helped, would agree with me. I would only hope and pray you can succeed in the adoption process.

Agree! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tusc,

I am going throught the adoption of a Step-Child and while easier than other adoptions it is still one of the most difficult and exspensive things I have done. But I know the rewards will be greater than anything I can get from EX, EQ, and TU. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani-
I have two kids. You can have the one that's going to Berklee in Boston at $10k a semester!

Seriously - I am a firm believer that all things worth this kind of time and effort are ultimately worth it. I wish you and yours all the best!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tusc- DH and I have just begun the process. We are going through Catholic charities in Louisville Ky. If you have any questions you can pm me and we can talk. I know what you are going through- or are starting to go through at least.
Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Tuscani--I was adopted back in 1954 when I was 10 days old. Even then, it took my parents 2 years to become parents. All I know is that it's the best thing that ever could have happened to me. Bless you for giving a child a new start in life.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.