Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about CR

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

? about CR

looking over my credit report I have my name mispelled many ways as well as being listed as living at addresses my ex husband has lived at, which I never have. If I change these will it make any difference scorewise or anything else wise? If I have accounts with him that are in good standing before he moved to these adressess would it affect me taking them off? TY
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about CR

serenity72 wrote:
looking over my credit report I have my name mispelled many ways as well as being listed as living at addresses my ex husband has lived at, which I never have. If I change these will it make any difference scorewise or anything else wise? If I have accounts with him that are in good standing before he moved to these adressess would it affect me taking them off? TY

Changing/correcting your name/address won't have an impact on your score.  Are the accounts you have with him joint or AU accounts?
Message 2 of 5
serenity72
New Contributor

Joint. Not sure what AU is. Some I believe are not mine though and only his. Im investigating this further as well.

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-03-2007 08:10 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
Joint. Not sure what AU is. Some I believe are not mine though and only his. Im investigating this further as well.

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-03-2007 08:10 PM

AU = Authorized User.  If the accounts are joint, his bad or good behavior with the accounts will affect your report.  Due to the fact that you're divorced, I would close the accounts immediately.  When two people are joint on an account, they're both responsible for making payments.  If one were to charge up the account and not pay, both parties credit would suffer the consequences.
Message 4 of 5
serenity72
New Contributor

These are closed accounts or hopsital accounts. No CCs or anything where someone could use them. What im question is some hospital bills that I dont think are mine. Plus I didnt know if I could get foreclosure off my record simply by denying I lived at the place of residence even though it was a joint account.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.