cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active amex account removed from all 3 bureaus?

tag
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

active amex account removed from all 3 bureaus?

This is more of credit reporting (non scoring) question.

Got my monthly 3 report update and noticed that one of my amex accounts is completely removed from all 3 bureaus. The account has been open for 8 months and been showing up regularly without issues. I recently disputed the balance as incorrect on TU bc it hadn't been updating for a while.

But now it's gone from all 3 CRAs. I know TU will delete an account off of your report if you dispute and if it's an AU account. This wasn't an AU account.

Called amex but was advised to call their credit reporting dept that is only open M-F. Will call monday. On their customer service end, everything looks ok when he checked, but interestingly, I couldn't get pass the automated system by entering in acct details as it "couldn't locate the account."

Anyone gone through something similar?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: active amex account removed from all 3 bureaus?

@marmaladepie wrote:

This is more of credit reporting (non scoring) question.

Got my monthly 3 report update and noticed that one of my amex accounts is completely removed from all 3 bureaus. The account has been open for 8 months and been showing up regularly without issues. I recently disputed the balance as incorrect on TU bc it hadn't been updating for a while.

But now it's gone from all 3 CRAs. I know TU will delete an account off of your report if you dispute and if it's an AU account. This wasn't an AU account.

Called amex but was advised to call their credit reporting dept that is only open M-F. Will call monday. On their customer service end, everything looks ok when he checked, but interestingly, I couldn't get pass the automated system by entering in acct details as it "couldn't locate the account."

Anyone gone through something similar?

I disputed a late payment on a Synchrony account last year. A year later I'm still trying to get the account added back to TU, after TU they deleted the entire trade line (and years of history!!). 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 3
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Re: active amex account removed from all 3 bureaus?

yea TU sucks for that. they deleted a BofA account of mine from 2009. basically got passed around btween BofA and TU several times. BofA tried many many many times to speak to them/fax them the stuff they needed/email their TU rep from the credit reporting department and they still haven't readded it.

I find it odd, that all 3 is now missng this amex account.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.