cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding rental addresses to a Fico/experian account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

adding rental addresses to a Fico/experian account?

Hi all,

Just a passerby with a quick question, I hope somebody can answer.

I'm not sure where else to ask as Experian doesn't have a forum , and I didn't get a complete answer at biggerpockets.

Apoligies if it's misplaced here.

So I read online about so called "home title deed theft" protection (home title lock), and that it's needed if

you own a home.  But I also read somewhere that if your home doesn't have a mortgage (paid in cash) then there's this type of theft can't happen.

Can somebody verify this?

Also, I have an experian account , which also includes my rental addresses.

One is wrong in my account(the house number is wrong), and one is missing altogether from my account. 

Both these properities are paid for in cash, so no mortgage.

When I called  Experian they said to contact my creditors and they could add the correct addresses .

If I write my bank a letter with the correct addresses, copy of drivers' licensce and copy of cc , would that be enough?

I rather not call about this so letter or email is preferred, but nobody does email .

Would this work, has anyone done this before?

Sorry if this is so long, but I really need some answers with this.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: adding rental addresses to a Fico/experian account?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Just a passerby with a quick question, I hope somebody can answer.

I'm not sure where else to ask as Experian doesn't have a forum , and I didn't get a complete answer at biggerpockets.

Apoligies if it's misplaced here.

So I read online about so called "home title deed theft" protection (home title lock), and that it's needed if

you own a home.  But I also read somewhere that if your home doesn't have a mortgage (paid in cash) then there's this type of theft can't happen.

Can somebody verify this?

Also, I have an experian account , which also includes my rental addresses.

One is wrong in my account(the house number is wrong), and one is missing altogether from my account. 

Both these properities are paid for in cash, so no mortgage.

When I called  Experian they said to contact my creditors and they could add the correct addresses .

If I write my bank a letter with the correct addresses, copy of drivers' licensce and copy of cc , would that be enough?

I rather not call about this so letter or email is preferred, but nobody does email .

Would this work, has anyone done this before?

Sorry if this is so long, but I really need some answers with this.

Thanks

Can you update your address through your online account? Most have that option if they have a website 

ETA and the rep was correct, only lenders can add addresses to your reports. So either a credit card or loan company. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.