cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alot of my debts are showing recent payment I never paid what should I do?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

alot of my debts are showing recent payment I never paid what should I do?

I have alot of accounts on my credit report that show that I recently paid them, which I never did. What should I do about these? Shut my mouth and ask them to remove them from the credit report or say something about them and ask them to remove them from my credit report. One particular is LVNV Funding and I have no clue what its for. The other is asset accept for a DTE bill and SBC bill. TY

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-01-2007 01:15 PM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: alot of my debts are showing recent payment I never paid what should I do?

Hi serenty, Welcome aboard. I am new at this but I have learned so much in the last few weeks it is hard to contain. Someone with more info.then I can offer will answer you. You might want to put in a little more info of your own. This is what I have learned & what I have done so far.
1) do NOT dispute on your free report ( they will take up to 45 days to correct anything)
     Paid reports only 30 days
2) before you do anything check with someone here first.TAKE YOUR TIME & do it right. I have made
    mistakes by rushing.
3) If you read a tread & are not sure about it ..click reply & ask about it.
4) read as many links posted on this forum as needed & then ask more question if needed.
5) keep in mind that there are 2 kinds of SOL federal (FCRA & FACTA) example: baddies get removed in 7 years from date of first missed pmt.
   your state SOL...has to due with if & when then can sue you.Every state has their own laws. Your state might have better protection.

It looks like you have CA along with utilities. I have never dealt with utilities so someone else will help you.
By more info I mean: LVNA   date and amount etc.
As for where it shows pmts that you didn't make...I have that also and I disputed the whole thing! I am now waiting to hear back.

GOOD LUCK
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are these showing as paid collections that you never paid and know nothing about?
Message 3 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

LVNV Funding I have no clue what its for. I dont even know if I have an account with them honestly. So I need to find that out first. With asset acceptance for DTE and SBC though I owe them money still neither are showing as a paid off collection, BUT they are saying I made a payment on them both LVNV and the ones for Asset. I have never made a payment on any of these collections. Does that make more sense? TY
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
LVNV Funding I have no clue what its for. I dont even know if I have an account with them honestly. So I need to find that out first. With asset acceptance for DTE and SBC though I owe them money still neither are showing as a paid off collection, BUT they are saying I made a payment on them both LVNV and the ones for Asset. I have never made a payment on any of these collections. Does that make more sense? TY

DV LVNV.

But DTE and SBC are on your CRs?

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-01-2007 07:04 PM
Message 5 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

Ty yes. DTE and SBC are on my CRS from the collection agency Asset Acceptance
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
Ty yes. DTE and SBC are on my CRS from the collection agency Asset Acceptance

Are you out from under the SOL on DTE and SBC?
Message 7 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

Sorry what is SOL please?
Message 8 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

Sorry now get what SOL is. For SBC I am out of it now, but DTE I am not, HOWEVER I have never made a payment for what I owe to DTE to Assest Acceptance, but on my report it says that my last payment was May 2006. I have never ever paid this. Also my account with DTE that I owe goes back to 2002 and my last payment being in that year as well. So I am not sure where they are getting any of this from. Also doesnt SBC no longer exist. I thought once a business was gone they couldnt collect anymore? TY

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-01-2007 07:53 PM
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.