Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another mortgage ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

another mortgage ?

yes another mortgage question.

My fico is 580, my wifes is 730. We are looking to purchase a house in the next few months.
I would like to know if we can still get a decent mortgage with my low score. We will give about 15% down, are both full time employed, no other debts whatsoever. All my baddies are at least 3 years old.
I think what's hurting me , is I have no new credit at all in the last 3 years.

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: another mortgage ?

If you can work on any "baddies" that may exist on your credit reports, that will certainly increase your scores.

There are others here that can offer wonderful advice/opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can she do the mortgage on her salary?
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Out of curiosity, since your baddies are all over 3 years old, have you thought about starting to rebuilding your credit? I do understand if it's a case of once burned, twice shy, but if you've gotten past whatever caused the problems in the past, it might be time to get a card or two and get some improvement in your scores. You're already faced with one of the most common consequences of not having a current credit history.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replys.

The mortgage we need is over the limit she can apply for by herself, I also already applied(last week) for a secured cap1 cc, which hopefully will help me. Also my 2 worse baddies(collections) will be removed by Feb 08.  All there will be left is 2 bads for 30 days late, from 2004.

I just hope this mortgage ois still possible with our current situation, if not we will wait for the spring.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update everyone, (and maybe give some hope), we just got approved for a 5 year fixed at 6.04.
Which I am very happy with considering my past credit.

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, nice work! Congratulations, and you'll be looking pretty good next spring.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.