tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bobkelly asked me to say this

Noah_Bodie wrote:

JemiBlue wrote:
What are CB and CIC?

Other credit forums.

... which are not nearly as friendly and tolerant of newbies as myFICO ... Smiley Happy

I had my eyeballs gouged out and spit back at me after my first few posts elsewere ... Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 41
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

This forum also tends to prefer the legal methods of solving one's financial problems  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinions vary. There's a deep well of very legal and at times proven in court methods. Lotta areas that are sorely lacking here.

BK - Should I or shouldn't I?
Post BK - How should things be reported on my CRs, and how do I make that happen?
Help I'm being sued
I got a judgment against me and I never got served, can I get it vacated

Suing or threatening to sue over a FCRA or FDCPA violation seems somewhat "frowned upon" here.

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

the "bobkelly" seems to have taken his loud opinions and gone away!!!!!

YYIIPPEE!!!!
Message 24 of 41
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Opinions vary. There's a deep well of very legal and at times proven in court methods. Lotta areas that are sorely lacking here.

BK - Should I or shouldn't I?
Post BK - How should things be reported on my CRs, and how do I make that happen?
Help I'm being sued
I got a judgment against me and I never got served, can I get it vacated

Suing or threatening to sue over a FCRA or FDCPA violation seems somewhat "frowned upon" here.

I wouldn't say we frown upon.. people just forget that this is not a credit repair or legal advice site. Sure, we provide recommendations, but we are not a "repair service" so to speak.
Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

If there's a deep well over there -- why do we need one over here?
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

I wouldn't say we frown upon.. people just forget that this is not a credit repair or legal advice site. Sure, we provide recommendations, but we are not a "repair service" so to speak.

Not to split hairs, but with the exception of someplace like Lex Law, they are all just self service forums with opinions--including MyFico. The degree to which the opinions are informed or not varies. And as always, caveat emptor. Anything you say or do, including saying or doing nothing, can be held against you, hurt or help you, and ultimately you the individual is responsible for what's in your credit bureau report and any action you take regarding it.

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

If there's a deep well over there -- why do we need one over here?

Seems there's room for more than one source of water.

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, we're gettin' WAY off-topic, and Bob didn't ask me to say anything in the last couple of posts.

Message 29 of 41
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Not to split hairs, but with the exception of someplace like Lex Law, they are all just self service forums with opinions--including MyFico. The degree to which the opinions are informed or not varies. And as always, caveat emptor. Anything you say or do, including saying or doing nothing, can be held against you, hurt or help you, and ultimately you the individual is responsible for what's in your credit bureau report and any action you take regarding it.

True. And I personally do not agree with some of the rules within our TOS. That does not mean we all do not have to abide by them. 
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.