Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a CA report after a pymt is made

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

can a CA report after a pymt is made

So i talked to my lawyer yesterday, turns out that the check we sent Caifornia busniess bureau for a hospital bill caused from me being in a car accident(not my fault i was rear ended at 55mph) was dated 1 month and cashed 3 weeks before the CA reported  this account on all 3 of my CR's, is this illegal for them to do since they were paid and cashed the check before they reported my account?

If i sent the CRA's proof of a cashed check by them 3 weeks before they reported, are all 3 CRA's obligated to delete the account from my CR immediately?

If the CRA's cant do anything can i call the CA and threaten to sue for placing a collection on my credit report after they cashed my check?  i am soo mad about this and dont know what options i have.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can a CA report after a pymt is made

I just sent you a PM.

I would dispute on all three CRA's "paid before account was turned over to collection".
Message 2 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

here is the info on my CR on all 3
date opened:9/2003
reported since:3/2003
Date of status:1/2004
last reported:1/2004

Payment was made in early august 2003

type: collection
status- paid, closed/collection account
collection as of 4/2003 & 10/2003

pymt was made to OC but is being reported by the CA

if pymt was made to OC and they accepted it and cashed it before it was reported to my CR's, does the CA have to delete this? I have disputed it a few times in the last 2 years and it keeps coming back as verified and remains.
How can i get the CA to delete something that should have never been reported in the 1st place?

Message Edited by momof2 on 04-05-2008 02:52 PM
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time that you dispute brings it current  which can drop your scores.

Because everything on your CR must be 100% accurate......send a letter to the CA    not a DV  but same idea.

This only works when you pay the OC  not the CA!

I pulled my CR and noticed that you claim that I paid you for a debt. I do not believe that I ever owed you a debt nor did I every pay you.

Please send me proof that I paid you in the means of:
A copy of the cancelled check with my signiture and showing you (CA name) as payee.

If you find that you made a mistake please delete from my CR with in 15 days. I would prefer not to have my attorney lidigate in a court of law.

Do not sign it  just type your name      see what happens

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-05-2008 03:46 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-05-2008 03:51 PM
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

momof2 wrote:
here is the info on my CR on all 3
date opened:9/2003
reported since:3/2003
Date of status:1/2004
last reported:1/2004

Payment was made in early august 2003

type: collection
status- paid, closed/collection account
collection as of 4/2003 & 10/2003

The post title is "can a CA report after a payment is made" ...............it was reported in March and paid in August.........then they didn't report AFTER the payment was made, it was already there, right?

But it has date open date as later than the reported since date.

The dates aren't making sense to me.
Message 5 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

I honestly dont understand it eathier, the accident occured in 3/2003 the collection agency got the account 2 or 3 months later, the payment in full was made in 8/2003 and the payment was made to the OC not the CA,  thats why i cant figure any of this out, nothing makes sense, but eaither way, this account showed up on my CR after the PIF was made and cashed by the OC, this account was never suppose to be reported on my CR's in the first palce.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 6 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

to happydays and sidewinder---- i am copy and paste this debt, if you look at it maybe it might make more sense and maybe i ma looking at it wrong, just am not sure, eaither way this account was PIF in august 2003, take a look at this and let me know what you think it means and what my steps should be to get this removed and if any violations were made by the CA. thanks  desirae

CALIFORNIA BUSINESS BUR Address:
4542 RUFFNER ST STE 160
 SAN DIEGO, CA 92111
No phone number available
Account Number:
xxxxxxxxxx  Original Creditor:
TRI-CITY MEDICAL CENTER Address Identification Number:
xxxxxxxxxxx  Status:
Paid,Closed/Collection account. Date Opened:
09/2003
Reported Since:
04/2003
Date of Status:
01/2004
Last Reported:
01/2004 Type:
Collection
Terms:
NA
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$1,294
High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
NA
Recent Payment:
NA Account History:
 Collection as of Oct 2003, Apr 2003

(Sorry took up so much room i copied it and paste it from experian website)

FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get how date open can be later than date reported date. How can they report an account they haven't opened yet?

But, I'm still learning, maybe someone else will know.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder   look at the dates and keep in mind that the DOLA (date of service) was March 2003. The first bill would not come out before April or May 2003  depending on when they mail bills out.

It could NOT have been sent to a CA  before the bill was past due. All creditors wait at least several months or longer before sending to collections!

Also   collection as of 4/2003 & 10/2003     

If the bill was paid in Aud 2003    how can it be in collections in Oct.2003?    it can't

They can't report before they get it  lmao. This is why we DV CAs     they pull all kinds of stuff.

Send the letter momof!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-06-2008 09:50 PM
Message 9 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

happy days---- I am just not sure what type of DV to really send them, the payment was made to the OC NOT the CA, so i dont understand why the collection agency reported anything to my CR's.
Do I need to send out a full DV that is given as an example on this site, or is their a shorter version?

My lawyer is sending me everything from my car accident, copies of everything he even has a copy of the check that was sent to the OC. So i do have leverage, if the dates for reported and open are listed the  way they are, wouldnt the CRA's have noticed this when i disputed it so many darn times cause it was never suppose to be put on my CR in the 1st place?

Did the CA's make any violaions here that you can think of?

They posted collection as of 3/2003 but if they didnt get the account until april(which is unlikely cause my accident was on 3/21/2003) how can the CRA allow the CA to report march when they didnt have the account?

Isnt that a violation of some kind?

Message Edited by momof2 on 04-06-2008 10:08 PM

Message Edited by momof2 on 04-06-2008 10:09 PM
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.