cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheapest monitoring service with fico score included?

tag
c3troop
New Contributor

cheapest monitoring service with fico score included?

hey guys we're getting ready to get a mortgage and I want to know what the cheapest way to watch my credit report over next few months is. I would like 1 that gives you your fico score also
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cheapest monitoring service with fico score included?

@c3troop wrote:
hey guys we're getting ready to get a mortgage and I want to know what the cheapest way to watch my credit report over next few months is. I would like 1 that gives you your fico score also

EQ Scorewatch found here is probably your best and only option.  I think there may be a similar product over on the Equifax site; however, I know they have a competing one that does you no good whatsoever.

Anyway the EQ Scorewatch product here is Beacon 5.0 Classic, which will identically match your mortgage score from your Equifax data on the tri-merge pull.  Beyond that there really aren't many options.  That said, I think you only get a certain number of pulls per year, but for FICO tracking without opening an account at PSECU (if you live in PA), or DCU and some combination of checking/savings/credit card... neither of which I recommend in a run-up to a mortgage, and you're not spoiled for choice.

        
Message 2 of 9
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I use the ScoreWatch from here. You can set it to alert you when your score rises 1 point. It automatically alerts you if your score drops. If you get a score alert, it will usually tell you why your score changed.
Message 3 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If you have to have a FICO score, SW. That being said, check the product feedback forum in advance so you know what to expect. Smiley Happy

In cases where people don't need a true score, until the bitter end, USAA is the best deal out there.

It also depends a lot on what's being tracked. Someone tracking disputes, inquiries falling off, removal of comments, balance reporting dates, and so on may not need actual FICO scores until just before applying.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

For FICO then like everyone has been saying...ScoreWatch.

You can use CreditKarma or CreditSesame to monitor TU and EQ FAKO's i believe. They are completely free and serve the purpose.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

For FICO then like everyone has been saying...ScoreWatch.

You can use CreditKarma or CreditSesame to monitor TU and EQ FAKO's i believe. They are completely free and serve the purpose.

CS = EX FAKO's, but that's what I personally do.  I just care about the report data really and decided I don't need daily tracking figuring anything stupid that comes up on my reports, is probably my fault anyway Smiley Wink.

        
Message 6 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I use USAA's CMS for all 3 reports and myFICO SW for my EQ FICO.   I think this combination is the cheapest way to see your reports every day and still get real FICO updates.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@DS,

I use USAA, CK, SW, and EQ Personal Solutions. EQ/EX are clean so I'll probably cut down to USAA soon. Aside from student loans, there's nothing major coming up needing the degree of monitoring I've been doing, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
jrcred
Valued Member

Since I'm rebuilding, I want to see both the reports and FICO score(s).  To be honest, I probably pay too much attention to this stuff to tell you the truth.  It makes waiting even harder, and I've found that patience is the name of the game in the rebuilding process. Smiley Happy

My current setup is:

USAA - CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (access to all 3 reports in 1 place)

myFICO - ScoreWatch - EQ FICO score + alerting

myFICO - FICO Quarterly Monitoring - TU FICO score quarterly 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.