Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking that will link a credit card

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

checking that will link a credit card

Hi, I know that bank of america will allow an individual to link one of their credit cards to the account for overdraft.  do you know any other banks that do this and any that will do it to a foreign card not their own.  Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: checking that will link a credit card

I'm not sure about the linking but Ga's Own has the credit card under their main page when you sign in and you can transfer straight to it without having to go into the card site itself kind of hard to explain but it is kind of linked to the checking or you can transfer from Saving i'm sure they may have an option to do it as sort of an overdraft but never asked haha I would be interested to see who all says what here.    Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
outofcredit
Established Contributor

USAA allows me to link my USAA Amex Plus to my checking account to cover overdrafts.  The transfers are made in $100 multiples however, so a $10 overdraft would trigger a $100 pull from the card. Not sure if they allow other banks cards to be connected.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank does.  I have my Cash+ selected for primary overdraft protection but also have a secondary PLOC that is attached as well.  You can have up to 3 accounts selected for overdraft protection.  Depending on what kind of checking you have, Platinum checking won't charge an overdraft fee but the Gold checking will ($7.50 I had to look this up for you).

If you select a savings, money market, or another checking as overdraft then there are no fees associated with overdrafts regardless of account type.

--Sorry but my reading comprehension is off....I missed the 3rd party credit card so the above posted is irrelevant---------

Message 4 of 9
iv
Valued Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

Hi, I know that bank of america will allow an individual to link one of their credit cards to the account for overdraft.  do you know any other banks that do this and any that will do it to a foreign card not their own.  Thank you

Allowing an in-house credit card to be used instead of an overdraft LOC is fairly common (BoA, PNC, HSBC, Well Fargo, etc... all do, for example).

Chase used to, but does not anymore.

I'm not aware of any bank ever offering overdraft linked to a third-party credit card, and it seems quite unlikely that any bank would.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 9
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

so I wait all day and NOW you guys decide to chime in?!  lol .. you guys missed all the fun i have had in the business forum.  I got a $66K bloc a week ago only to find out they can not provide checking for it in my zip and therefore no overdraft, doh!  I just threw down an hp with nfcu because I dont have the time to research this anymore and of course it goes pending on me.  no wonder I stopped applying for credit, I hate being put on hold!

myfico nfcu cloc.PNGmyfico pnc.PNG

Message 6 of 9
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@iv wrote:

Allowing an in-house credit card to be used instead of an overdraft LOC is fairly common (BoA, PNC, HSBC, Well Fargo, etc... all do, for example).

Chase used to, but does not anymore.

I'm not aware of any bank ever offering overdraft linked to a third-party credit card, and it seems quite unlikely that any bank would.

This would open doors for money laundering, etc.

Agree 100%.

Not likely.

Message 7 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

Digital Credit Union allows you to link your credit card to the checking account for overdraft protection.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 9
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Digital Credit Union allows you to link your credit card to the checking account for overdraft protection.

well ding ding ding SJ you are the gold star winner of todays round!  on the biz side they want personal financial statement + a business tax return but the consumer side seems to have the same offering;  interest as low as 10.75, no cash advance fee and the cash % is the same as the card interest.  checking is free.  I am so sorry I did not wait, I applied @ nfcu they offered me a whopping $ 500.  if writing to them gets me nowhere I am going to go the DCU route I think.  also appears they pull EQ so they will see my NFCU pull from yesterday, not sure that will factor in.  Anything else you wish to add?  Thank you very much, i really appreciate this tip

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.