cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

child support accounts reporting and removal

SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

child support accounts reporting and removal

when are these rigs due to fall off? ten years from date opened, date closed, or date reported? there is nothing suggesting either is hurting any of my scores, but they look a little mucky.

capture01.png

this second line was open as of November 2018, I called the child support agency asking to update my report and they told me just dispute it with the CRA. I did and finally the status was updated to closed. balance and monthly were reporting as zero, but now I'm thinking I just should have left it as open forever as an installment in good standing. my son turned 18 in 2017, lived with me from 2013, and no support was paid or in arears. 

capture02.png

chase
$8900
discover
$20000
citi
$19900
bofa
$30000
nfcu
$29000
nfcu
$16000
Garden Club Spade

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: child support accounts reporting and removal

Looks like its actually helping
"The bank is the place to goto to get a loan, when you can prove you don't need one"

AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001 | 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001 | 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 | 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900 | 2008 Macys Amex $3,400 | 2008 Kohls $2,000 | 2008 JC Penny $500 | 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500 | 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600 | 2018 HSN $4,500
Member of: Andrews FCU | PENFED CU | SDFCU | Alliant CU | NASA FCU | NWFCU | Ally Bank | BofA | Merrill | Greenwood CU | Elements Financial CU | Ocean State CU | Wells Fargo | Citizens Bank | Chase Bank | RI Credit Union | US Financial FCU
Message 2 of 4
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

logged in to ck today and it updated my report stating that the first one had been removed.  so I guess the answer is circa ten years (last reported 2/2009).

chase
$8900
discover
$20000
citi
$19900
bofa
$30000
nfcu
$29000
nfcu
$16000
Garden Club Spade

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 622 governs the exclusion of child support arrears.

The exclusion period is 7 years from the date that the statement of arrears is provided to the CRA.

What is the last reporting of continued arrears?

"FCRA 622   Information on overdue child support obligations  

Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, a consumer reporting agency shall include in any consumer report furnished by the agency in accordance with section 604 [§ 1681b] of this title, any information on the failure of the consumer to pay overdue support which

• is provided to the consumer reporting agency by a State or local child sup-port enforcement agency; or
  • to the consumer reporting agency and verified by any local, State, or Federal government agency; and
  • antedates the report by 7 years or less."
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.