Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean up credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

clean up credit report

I've reviewed my credit report and found a lot of items that I need to dispute.  Should I include all the items that are disputed in one letter or should I break it down in a few letters?  I also need a copy of a dispute letter.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: clean up credit report

First dispute everything with the credit bureaus and you can do that online, line by line.  It can take anywhere from 1 day to 45 days to get results from the bureaus.

Then if you don't get results doing that, various dispute letters can be found here:  http://creditinfocenter.com/forms/
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely recommend CIC, but pass on most of the forms. Lots of them are sorely in need of being updated. Some of them can hurt you.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and, besides that, I have read that creditors can spot form letters a mile away anyway.  You should look at one to get a good idea of what to say but to use your own words and sincerely.  I've read that your own personal letters will get you further than any form letter ever will.  I can't remember which board I read that on because I've been reading so many lately but I know I read it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes and, besides that, I have read that creditors can spot form letters a mile away anyway. You should look at one to get a good idea of what to say but to use your own words and sincerely. I've read that your own personal letters will get you further than any form letter ever will. I can't remember which board I read that on because I've been reading so many lately but I know I read it.

Makes sense...it's human psychology. The unusual sticks out, and familiarity breeds contempt.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With any so-called form letter, it's always best to take it and put it in your own words. I always tweak at least a word or two whenever I use the same letter again. Change the letter format as well. Return address at the top, bottom, centered, left justified. Tweak the fonts too.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.