Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection company help MCM midland fcredit management

tag
stclairstv12
New Visitor

collection company help MCM midland fcredit management

Hey guys I need adice or help with a collection account that MCM has on me.  First question is here on my fico it is listed as a revolving open account.  Pretty sure thats not right.  Also has a status of 120 days late which im pretty sure they cannot report that as well since its a junk debt.  The OC has nothing on my credit report and the info that MCM has supplied does not match my info on my report.  It is very similar to an account that I had years ago close to the same balance and same company accoutnt numbers are similar but it is on my credit report as paid and closed.  MCM has only supplied basic info like my name and address and original creditor and last 4 of my social, no signed docs or any checks or actual proof its mine.  Its not listed in the collections on my report from equifax either.  Original debt was from 2006, MCM claims debt was sold in 2009.  MCM has it on my report as lDate Major Delinquency First Reported:10/2011 Well that has to be wrong.  There own letter said the debt sold in 2009.  No where do i see the first missed payment anywhere.  Also they are adding interest to it.  They claim first Date of First Delinquency:01/2009 on my credit report.  This is also past SOL in my state for this debt.  Can I get this removed from my report and how?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: collection company help MCM midland fcredit management

As a preliminary matter, a dispute of inaccurate reporting compels them to investigate and either verify the accuracy as resported, correct so as to overcome any inaccuracy, or delete if they cannot verify or correct. 

If they verify, they do not have to document or prove the accuracy.

Thus, inaccurate reporting does not mandate deletion unless they cannot either verity or correct.

The purpose of disputes is to get information correct, not mandate deletion based on a simply, prior reporting of inaccurate information.

The various issues as to how it shows on your credit report may or may not be due to inaccurate reporting on their part.

Many items listed under a collection are in reference to status of the OC account upon which their collection is based, such as type of account (e.g., revolving), and dates of delinquency.  You, of course, dont have delinquencies with a debt collector, so any reporting of a delinquency after they purchased the debt would be inaccurate unless it is a reference to a prior delinquency under the OC account, and not asserted to be a dlelinquency that occured with them.

In summary, you should dispute any reporting you cconsider inaccurate, but it wont compel the furnisher to delete their prior reporting if they either disagree with your dispute, and thus verify the accuracy as reported, or they can update so as to overcome any inaccuracy.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.