Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit agencies on multiple cards?

tag
dunn2500
Established Contributor

credit agencies on multiple cards?

so when i had 1 card fico would report on 19th which is a few days after statement date. what happens when you have multiple cards that have different statement dates.....do they just pick one or report on all of them after all of their statement dates?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: credit agencies on multiple cards?

@dunn2500 wrote:

so when i had 1 card fico would report on 19th which is a few days after statement date. what happens when you have multiple cards that have different statement dates.....do they just pick one or report on all of them after all of their statement dates?

Not sure how this ended up in Auto Loans, but I can answer.

Most cards report on the statement date (although sometimes there is a delay in alerts). On occasion, some cards will report on the last day of the month (like my DCU) or the first of the month (like my AFCU). So, if you have multiple cards, they will likely report on different dates (it just depends on the issuer), but they will be consistent in their pattern.

Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@dunn2500 wrote:
or report on all of them after all of their statement dates?

Yes to the above. You may have varying updates on your credit report, depending on the close date per card.

Message 3 of 4
dunn2500
Established Contributor

got it....so they kinda run independent, so how does all zero except one work assuming you will get dinged for not using certain cards but get points for only using 1 at low balance

i was in auto loans when this question popped in my head and forgot to change forums, looks like they moved it though

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.