cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card late payment question (wellsfargo)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card late payment question (wellsfargo)

Hope this is not to confising but I'll try; my wf credit card payment was do by august 18th but I made it on sept 3,they told me I was more than thirty days late and reported me.They said they go from your last payment which I made by july 18 and they reported me.

My question is are they right or wrong because if my payment is do by august 18 and I made it on sept 3 that's not 30 days.
They said they go from your last payment due date which I made on time in july.It just took me years to get my credit score to a good level and want to keep it that way so would appreciate if some one knows anything about how they figure all this out.
Thank's Mike

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit card late payment question (wellsfargo)

The common credit reporting manual used by each of the big-4 CRAs is unequivocable in stating the CRA policy regarding reporting of a 30-late.

A delinquency must extend at least 30 days after the billing due date in order to be reportable as a 30-late.

Date of last payment is not relevant.

If you paid within 30 days after the billing due date set in the billing statement, it is not a reportable 30-late.

File a dispute with the CRAs, including documentation of the billing due date from their last billing statement, and of the date you actually paid.

The CRAs know their own policy, and should remove the 30-late.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you that's good news they did take the 27.00 late fee off and I will sit down and write that letter.
Thanks Again
Message 3 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope this is not to confising but I'll try; my wf credit card payment was do by august 18th but I made it on sept 3,they told me I was more than thirty days late and reported me.They said they go from your last payment which I made by july 18 and they reported me.

My question is are they right or wrong because if my payment is do by august 18 and I made it on sept 3 that's not 30 days.
They said they go from your last payment due date which I made on time in july.It just took me years to get my credit score to a good level and want to keep it that way so would appreciate if some one knows anything about how they figure all this out.
Thank's Mike

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

The CSR “said” WF reported you. Do you know that for a fact? It’s a known fact that things get miscommunicated when speaking to CS. So, do you belong to any monitoring service where you can verify the veracity of CSR’s statement? I’m willing to bet it hasn’t been reported. (I would hope WF is still not trying to pull the wool over consumers’ eyes again). Well I won't stake my life on it but I advise you to confirm whether it’s actually been reported to a CRA. I really hope it hasn’t.

Just my thoughts on the matter. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Seeing how it's only been 2.5 days since OP made the payment, it may not be reflected on their report yet, but if it is, as long as at least minimum payment was satisfied in July, it's not a 30 day late. 

Maybe it's just another case of CSR talking when they really should not, or misrepresenting what they were seeing. Perhaps they were only talking about being late as in "past due" and automatically assumed that being late equates being reportable derog 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.