Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check total good or bad

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

Re: credit check total good or bad

their scores look the same too me.. i just paid $1 to CCT and compared with credit karma 

Message 11 of 19
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It'll change. When I started out CK was higher than my Fico scores now they are lower. Vantage 3 (CK scores) put different emphasis on different things and they don't count closed accounts and Fico does.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoang817 wrote:

their scores look the same too me.. i just paid $1 to CCT and compared with credit karma 

Then that means that your VantageScore 3.0 scores just happen to be the same or similar to your FICO 08 scores.  This is the case for some people, where others have reported the scores to be up to 100 points different.  My FICO 08's are always around 20-25 points higher than my VantageScore 3.0 scores give or take.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
It'll change. When I started out CK was higher than my Fico scores now they are lower. Vantage 3 (CK scores) put different emphasis on different things and they don't count closed accounts and Fico does.

Hi Rmduhon.  I used to think that too.  Actually Vantage 3 and FICO both compute AAoA and Age of of Oldest Account the same same way (they consider closed and open accounts equally).  The reason you are assuming Vantage works differently is because Karma is still using the same old software they did a long time ago to summarize your credit reports.  (that's the web interace that shows you the number of accounts and your Age of Oldest and your AAoA (amongst other things).

Personally I think it's very lazy on Karma's part to have not updated their software so that it counts open and closed equally in the summary of your age. They have been using Vantage 3 for eighteen months or so, I believe, or maybe more -- no excuse for the delay.

But regardless, their scores are true Vantage 3 scores and V3 really counts closed and open accounts equally.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also do the $1, call, cancel, repeat method. It only takes a minute and they give you zero hassles.

I only do it once a month though because I set it up to where all of my statements cut on the same day.... so nothing really changes in a month with my scores.

Message 15 of 19
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If you call and cancel thru the automatic system, they will hive you 50% off for 5 years. Thats $14.97 for 5 years great deal

Not as good of a deal as $2/mo using two $1 trials.  Also this way you get your scores 4X in a 1 month period.

I'm new to this CCT thing. So you wait 7 days for score to update then cancel the trial just before they charge? 

I get monthly EX and TU score updates with cards, so I only used CCT for EQ score.

I can wait 2 more days if they are going to give a new score and I don't get charged. Thank you

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't even have to wait the 7 days and you'll still get the free update.

Message 17 of 19
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't even have to wait the 7 days and you'll still get the free update.

I'm on day 5, no update yet and it say that next update will be in 2 days. Do you think tomorrow I'll get the update? I don't really need the service, but I can wait until tomorrow to cancel if I'm going to get an update.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

I'm new to this CCT thing. So you wait 7 days for score to update then cancel the trial just before they charge? 

I get monthly EX and TU score updates with cards, so I only used CCT for EQ score.

I can wait 2 more days if they are going to give a new score and I don't get charged. Thank you

You can cancel your trial membership any time you want from the time you start it until 7 days later.  You can literally start it and cancel it 5 minutes later, which I've done, so that I don't forget to cancel within 7 days.  They always keep your account active for 3 days past the 7 day trial regardless of when you cancel; in essence every trial membership is a 10 day membership whether you cancel on Day 1, Day 7, or anywhere in between.  You can pull your scores a second time on Day 7, Day 8, Day 9 or Day 10, your choice.  I usually pull my scores the second time on Day 10.  Even after Day 10 passes and your trial is officially done and your account closed, you can still log in and access your last pulled credit reports.  Of course nothing updates any longer at that point, but it still cool to be able to log in and go back to look at your previous pull.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.