Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit freezes

tag
jerryw020
New Visitor

credit freezes

If I place a credit freeze with the 3 bureaus will the monitoring and reporting still work?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit freezes

Yes it will. I have my reports frozen. And I have credit monitoring with all 3 bureas.
Message 2 of 12
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it will. I have my reports frozen. And I have credit monitoring with all 3 bureas.

I think it depends with who. I have my reports frozen as well and credit.com doesn't allow me access due to the freeze. However, CCT, CK, and a few others seem to work fine. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay. I have my monitoring done thru the credit bureaus themselves.

Message 4 of 12
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

All 3 of my reports are frozen and I could of obtain my 3B report from MyFICO.com.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My reports are frozen, and when I tried to order a 3B yesterday, I was told that it couldn't be generated with my reports frozen. Kinda frustrating, since CK works just fine!

Message 6 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Freezes are intended to frustrate easy requests until they are confirmed as having come from the actual consumer.

It is part of the process to thereafter expect chance of additional confirmations before any information is released.

If the freeze is as a result of prior identity theft, then perhaps an extended fraud alert under FCRA 605A would meet your needs as opposed to a full freese......

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No identity theft, just trying to keep my twitchy finger under control. :-)

I had my reports locked down for most of 2015 for that same purpose, then decided to lock 'em down again last week. Had no issues pulling 3B reports while they were on ice before, just thought it was frustrating that this time around it is a no-go.

Message 8 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I think in most cases, if you already granted access to your reports to someone you have an account with already, that access is still allowed to them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping so.  Getting ready to freeze all of mine.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.